College Football Thread v3.0

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I guess College Football is kind of a big deal 'round these parts?

The white Pro Combat uni's give me a partial chub, but would prefer if they were still rocking the silver pants.

I have become so fatalistic about this season, it's dumb. Fellas, we either are or are not going to play for a NC. Either way, we are going to beat whoever faces us in whatever bowl we get.

On ESPN bias; ESPN is to grown men what MTV is to teenage girls.

Was posted late in the last thread. It's a year old though. B1G went 1-2 against the SEC in bowl games this past season with 2 of the B1G's best 3 teams not even able to go to bowl games so it's 20-21 now, advantage SEC.

wow

so dominance

such better

much win

wow

Was posted late in the last thread. It's a year old though. B1G went 1-2 against the SEC in bowl games this past season with 2 of the B1G's best 3 teams not even able to go to bowl games so it's 20-21 now, advantage SEC.

wow

so dominance

such better

much win

wow

I like how the SEC still doesn't travel far to play, I REALLY wanna see LSU or Bama come to Ohio State or Wisconsin in late November

Edited by SinisterSS

I still like how the SEC still doesn't travel far to play, I REALLY wanna see LSU or Bama come to Ohio State or Wisconsin in late November

LSU or Bama at OSU or Wisconsin would probably follow with "it's too cold to play, we only play in warm weather," etc LOL. I'd still love to see an OSU/Bama National title game, but the way polls are, OSU won't have a chance at it unless Bama loses. Hoping they lose to Auburn in a few weeks...

The way the media is slanting hard against Ohio State right now, I wouldn't be surprised if a Bama team that loses a close game at Auburn is still ranked ahead of Ohio State in the polls. "It was the Iron Bowl, a hostile environment, Bama was on the road, it's the SEC, Auburn was super-jacked, Auburn is super-good, blah blah blah."

Remember when Florida State lost at Notre Dame and only moved from 1 to 2 in the polls? Notre Dame was 2 at the time and moved to 1 Then the next week (I think) Notre Dame lost in a stunner to Boston College. That allowed Florida State to move back to 1 in the polls (and they eventually went on to win the NC that year).

WOW just read the article, it seems they're more interested in protecting Winston.

If found guilty I wonder if FSU would have to vacate all wins this year? I know the SEC is hoping so, ESPN is probably wanting another Bama vs A&M NCG.

I can see it now, SEC spokes person aka ESPN saying: Rape? since when is surprise sex rape?

Do you remember Jeremy Hill being in the headlines on ESPN for rape? Even after the conviction? Didn't think so. Is Jermey Hill still on the team after being convicted of raping a 14 year old girl. Yes he is. He is currently the leading rusher for LSU. I am not defending Winston, just stating that ESPN's favortism towards SEC goes beyond the football field.

old article

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/05/jeremy-hill-wont-go-to-jail-future-with-lsu-still-undetermined/

Reading the statement from the family or the family's attorneys or whoever it seems they're more upset with the Tallahassee PD than anyone else at this point. They were misled or flat out lied to with regards to the progress of the investigation and Winston/his people were informed of the investigation without the victim knowing/no charges filed yet he wasn't listed as a suspect and there were never any interviews/DNA samples collected. Looks like an all around fuck up by the TPD.

When I first heard this story it sounded like the "victim" going after a kid who turned out to be a star. Kinda like the Carlos Hyde thing except Hyde already was a star. Winston's hype didn't start until after their spring game so when this happened he was just a freshman on campus who had yet to take a single snap.

Now it just seems like incompetence by the TPD combined with maybe a little inappropriate protection of a kid who had the potential to be a star.

Sounds like the SEC is hoping this to be true so Manziel can win a 2nd Heisman. Which btw, that award is a fucking joke. If this comes out to be true, will it be too little too late? Meaning will FSU go to the NCG only to later have to vacate all wins? As an OSU fan that would suck even more than being left out to begin with.