College Football Thread v3.0

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their signature win is over a Clemson team that I am convinced will get handled by South Carolina.

South Carolina is not good. FCS Georgia Southern beat Florida by more on the road than South Carolina did at home. It's a rivalry game so you never know what to expect so I don't have any thoughts either way but I don't think South Carolina will be "handling" anyone anytime soon.

I think Bama goes down, could be wishful thinking playing with my mind though. I read somewhere that in 2002, OSU was 3rd entering Michigan?

OSU was 3rd in 2007 AFTER the Michigan game then West Virginia and Missouri lost on championship weekend and OSU magically became the #1 team in the country just one game removed from losing at home to Illinois.

Florida was 4th in 2006 heading into championship weekend, behind OSU, USC and Michigan. USC lost to unranked UCLA and opened up the discussion of rematch or SEC champion. Back when the SEC was a normal conference and not the superhuman juggernaut it's perceived as today.

So right now OSU is actually in better shape than either of those teams.

South Carolina is not good. FCS Georgia Southern beat Florida by more on the road than South Carolina did at home. It's a rivalry game so you never know what to expect so I don't have any thoughts either way but I don't think South Carolina will be "handling" anyone anytime soon.

Friendly wager on who wins the Clemson-SCar game, then? I think they beat Clemson by 2 TD's.

:)

I think MSU would beat Stanford as well

I'm almost convinced they would.

MSU reminds me of some of the Tressel Ohio State teams: they can play with anyone and can stay in any game because of their solid defense. Ohio State never got enough credit for how good their defense was during that era.

I'm actually a little concerned about the B1GCG. A little. Not a ton, but enough to be worried somewhat.

However, this is what you want/need if you want to be the best: you need to play quality opponents late in the year and you need to get on a roll entering post-season play. Are we tired of the disrespect that Ohio State is getting? Then go out and straight throttle your opponents - regardless of who they are or what they are ranked - and the respect with follow.

The gap between Ohio State at #3 and Clemson at #4 looks pretty large - am I right in thinking that?

How does a team get MURDERED at home a month ago still get to be in the top 5? Michigan State would throttle Clemson.

what I like is FSU #2 1,488pts OSU #3 1,428pts. 60 point difference :) all we have to do is win out and hope that Florida will bring the house and beat FSU or hold them to a low scoring game, if not maybe they stumble in the ACC championship game. I really want a Bama vs. OSU NCG, that way we can beat an almighty SEC team telling them, ESPN and the rest of the college football world to suck our 26-0 B1G dick

In future news... I have another reason to be excited for the 2014 season... we now play OSU and Miami (Fla) next year... that should definitely help with our SoS... I just hope we can manage to win at least one of those games.... (no way against OSU at this point, they are going to mop the floor with us the way they are playing vs the way we are)

I think Cincy could beat Miami honestly. Did anyone see the stands for the Miami game this past saturday? They are saying less than 1000 people there...

OSU gained 40 points from the last polls apparently. Need Clemson to lose to S. Carolina and Miami to tank vs Pittsburgh

One more edit cause I can, I was looking at Bowl Projections and right now many have Wisconsin in the Orange against Clemson with OSU vs Stanford in the Rose

I think Cincy could beat Miami honestly. Did anyone see the stands for the Miami game this past saturday? They are saying less than 1000 people there...

OSU gained 40 points from the last polls apparently. Need Clemson to lose to S. Carolina and Miami to tank vs Pittsburgh

One more edit cause I can, I was looking at Bowl Projections and right now many have Wisconsin in the Orange against Clemson with OSU vs Stanford in the Rose

One challenge, we have a QB right now (now that he has healed his shoulder he is back to his strong self) that is the 4th most accurate QB in college football... and for the first time in YEARS I dont know who comes in after he leaves... (senior) I think Bennie Coney could be a good answer, or maybe Gunner Kiel who transferred from ND (5 star recruit)... but havent seen enough of them to know...

Miami has some of the worst fans.

Wisconsin would beat Clemson by 25 points, maybe more.

Pretty important that OSU is now 3rd in the computers. Everything is in line. Auburn was somehow 3rd last week so I was worried they would solidify their spot in the computers with the Baylor loss and have the potential to jump as high as #1 in the computers with a win over Bama.

I'm not a BCS expert so I honestly don't know. I do know that Clemson and Miami losing along with Wisky/Michigan State winning will do nothing but help Ohio State.

Michigan State plays an 8-3 Minnesota team and Wisconsin plays 6-5 Penn State

Clemson plays 2 loss S. Carolina and Miami plays 6-5 Pitt.

I think Miami losing to 6-5 Pitt would hurt FSU a lot more than Clemson losing to a 2 loss SEC team. With that said, lets hope they both get crushed haha.

At what point does MSU get respect? I can see Clemson losing and still being ahead of them honestly. Who else in the top 10 is gonna go down in order for MSU to move up?

MSU is .0885 behind 2 loss stanford and .0321 behind S. Carolina. Does a S. Carolina victory hurt us more than a Clemson loss does to FSU? Meaning if S. Carolina wins they will only gain more distance ahead of MSU and Clemson being 6th right now, losing to #10, do they drop behind MSU or simply fall to #10?