College Football Thread v3.0

Dr. Pomade

I had heard maybe close to 2 years ago that there was some talk of them coming, just rumors. I think it was them and a couple other ACC teams (UNC/VA/VATECH), but then the whole UNC/VA/VATECH rumors had more meat to them and the Florida State rumor died down.

UNC was the only legit rumor as Delaney has been on their athletics board in the past. All the others were just "who would come with UNC"

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had heard maybe close to 2 years ago that there was some talk of them coming, just rumors. I think it was them and a couple other ACC teams (UNC/VA/VATECH), but then the whole UNC/VA/VATECH rumors had more meat to them and the Florida State rumor died down.

FSU supposedly submitted some kind of academic progress/improvement plan to the B1G so they could get some consideration at some point.

Pretty funny... Herbie is in Stillwater for Gameday and they just had a 3.7 earthquake. Some of you may remember the last time he was in Stillwater...

http://i.imgur.com/cyWjrpm.jpg

Something about Kirk's presence doesn't sit well.

Kirk Herbstreit ‏@KirkHerbstreit 2h

What in the heck is goin on?! A 3.7 earthquake this am here in Stillwater!!. What is with me showing up at a Okla St gm & earthquakes?!?

Kirk Herbstreit ‏@KirkHerbstreit 1h

So, I've felt 2 earthquakes in my life!! Both here in Stillwater. Is it me, or does this sort of thing happen here all the time?!?!

Few things from today:

1. Shazier had an absolute monster game! Many feel his body is too small to be a Will in the NFL at this moment. Hopefully he comes back, but would not be surprised to see him leave

2. Bennett is an "sec dt", if he comes back next year the DLine will be absolutely ridiculous

3. It's amazing the difference you see when a starting player returns to a defense. The whole machine functions properly (Josh Perry)

4. Cam Burrows had a really impressive game today. Would not be surprised to see him take over for Roby next year, or they move Doran Grant over to Roby's position and Burrows takes over the other DB spot.

5. Braxton was killing it with his legs today. The only thing I did not like was his flips, the 2nd once could've gotten him seriously hurt. He came down straight on his head. He is much better served to this team on the field, rather than on the sideline.

6. Special teams was a lot better today. No huge returns and the blocked punt by Roby

7. Hyde, Hyde, Hyde!! If this kid had played in every game this year, he'd be among the front runners for the Heisman in my opinion. I would venture to say he'd have close to 2k yards and 25 TD's.

8. It's Michigan week....fuck Michigan!

In little guy news... My Bearcats got another W.... It all boils down to the Louisville game now! And if we're really lucky UCF somehow manages to lose to USF or SMU... Need both things to happen to be conference champs 5 out of 6 years.

And as far as conference realignment, I just hope we find a spot at the big kids table...

The loss of the big east is really going to bother me as basketball season picks up... Living in the powerhouse conference is no more.

What was the weather like in Ohio today? Oh yeah, it was cold and snowy. Had OSU been able to throw the ball today more than they did, it would have been even more lopsided.

BTW, who did FSU play? Oh yeah, that's right they played fucking Idaho who has 1 win lol. I think OSU's best chance of jumping into the top 2 comes next week. I will be the biggest Auburn Tiger fan known

Considering 5 and most likely 4 are losing, I think OSU is safe for the #3 spot...

What about FSU hanging 80 on Idaho... Weren't some of you guys hoping for OSU to do that to IU today? lol

42-0 in this weather is a beat down. The last 2 TDs by Indiana in the last 5 minutes on the 2nd team really doesn't count against the buckeyes.

I doubt FSU would be able to do anything close in this weather.

So, I'm a Florida fan...

and Florida lost to a middle of the road FCS school, at home, that missed two PAT's, didn't have a single pass yard, and turned the ball over 3 times to Florida's zero. They have just as many injuries as Florida. Oh, and UF had to pay them $550,000 for the beating they took.

We have officially hit rock bottom.

I still think that Urban left the program in pretty bad shape, but it's become a complete dumpster fire under Muschamp. The current coaching staff has no idea how to develop any form of depth or a halfway competent offense. That and all the penalties, poor gameplans, failures to make in game adjustments, terrible game management, etc....that all falls on Muschamp. I like the guy, but he makes Ron Zook look like a good head coach (that's a very bad thing).

The problem is I'm not sure the right coach is out there to replace him. I've heard Gundy (OkSt) Franklin (Vandy) and a few other names tossed around. I'm not so sure Muschamp actually gets fired this offseason, which worries me.

I wasn't trying to down OSU... But are you really downplaying FSU dropping 80 because of weather? And yea, it was a bad team, that's what you do against bad teams.... Seems really silly to downplay that kind of points to weather...

Sure seems like it. It is hard to score when the temp is blow freezing, wind blowing at 20mph, and it's SNOWING. You are dogging on OSU because they didn't score 80 points against a mediocre team. I am saying FSU can not do the same if they played in this weather. Jamis Winston shouldn't even be playing.

Ryan Shazier is a monster. Like he even kind of looks like one.

Carlos Hyde is starting to creep into my mind as one of the best running backs ever at Ohio State. And he is one of the few Buckeyes that if I ever saw in person I would buy a drink for. I heart him.

I love how Wilson is getting more into game plan. I can't wait to see his speed on the fast track in Indy.

What a great matchup - Ohio State vs Michigan State. I don't want to look ahead too much, but that matchup has marquee written over it. Offense vs Defense.

Baylor LOL. GTFO fakes. You're like Oregon only with less cool uniforms and less history, if that's possible.

Berto is right - that mighty SEC hype machine could still fuck over Ohio State even if Bama loses. I never overestimate the SEC bias anymore.

Some WTF stuff to consider: Stanford is still in top 10 with 2 losses? Get the fuck out with that shit. Yet Michigan State is stuck at 13 with one loss on the road to a quality team. Yeah makes sense. Same with South Carolina - 2 loses, still higher than MSU.