College Football Thread v4.0

bicranium

I totally agree and sadly most think the Browns are going to draft him. Just shows how terrible of an organization they really are if they do so.

Yeah, I feel bad for the Browns but at the same time, they could take a few years and build up a dream team with all of their draft picks and whatnot, and yet they don't and are horrible year in and year out lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan fired their offensive coordinator today, best move Hoke has made since being hired there. Also LSU fired their OL coach Greg Studrwara, I remember a lot of people tossing his name out there when Urban was hired as a guy they'd love to see at Ohio State as an assistant. Too bad he doesn't coach defense lol

Withers said something funny at his jmu press conference Monday. Asked about his defense this year he said there were differing opinions and he wanted an aggressive defense. Ask any UNC fan what a Withers defense looked like at UNC and they will respond " about like OSU's this year" lol

What makes Manziel is his escapability, anyone whom has watched their games knows this, the kid gets out of impossible places nobody else can and makes a play of it. With that said, if you look at what the more successful QB's do in the NFL, I personally don't see Manziel being much of a factor.

As for the Browns..........fuck, who cares anymore?? They have no interest in being a successful organization.

What makes Manziel is his escapability, anyone whom has watched their games knows this, the kid gets out of impossible places nobody else can and makes a play of it. With that said, if you look at what the more successful QB's do in the NFL, I personally don't see Manziel being much of a factor.

Troy smith was the same way and look where is he at right now? Manziel won't make it. I hope he goes to the browns.

Still an SEC love fest, 6 of the top 15 from that conference? All but one of them losing their starting quarterback

Bama

LSU

A&M

UGA

S. Carolina

It is nice seeing the Big10 having 2 teams in the top 10 though.

A&M, Georgia, and South Carolina will all be mediocre at best next year and I could easily see 4+ losses for each team. LSU will likely improve, I'd put them in my top 15, and Bama is Bama.

So yeah, SECirclejerk, what a surprise.

Manziel is leaving for the draft, so I wonder how well A&M will really do?

I really like Sumlin. His system made Manziel more than anything. Kid was offered as a safety by Texas and Sumlin turned him into a Heisman winner and a top 10 NFL draft pick.

They will probably be starting either true freshman Kyle Allen (#1 QB recruit in the country - more like Case Keenum than Manziel - we'll see how that works in the SEC) or sophomore Kenny Hill. Hill probably should have redshirted for them this year. Only played in 4 games since A&M's defense made it hard to find garbage time. He's closer to Manziel athletically and but I don't know much about his arm. I only know what I do know about A&M because OSU was recruiting Allen hard and I have a friend who goes to A&M.

Who are we hiring to replace Withers? I hope we get a good co-coordinator and saftey's coach.

Name that started popping up last night was Vance Joseph. Was the DB coach for the Texans since 2011 and was the DB coach for the 49ers for 5 years before that. Only Ohio tie whatsoever is he coached at Bowling Green in 2004 (not when Urban was there).

I remembered lots of talk about him during the last few years of his playing days about how he was going to be a great NFL coach down the line. This year with people talking about Fickell possibly being forced out/encouraged to take any job he could get everyone wondered... would Vrabel follow him as his DC? And the answer always seemed to be "He may very well be a lifer at OSU." Oops.

Good news is it creates more flexibility for defensive hires now. They can hire a stud DC above Luke at any of the position groups if they want to as Luke can coach DL or LB and obviously they need a DB guy.

There was some concern at first that Jalyn Holmes may decommit due to this but he just tweeted this within the last half hour...

QBKILLA!!! #⃣1⃣1⃣ ‏@JayHolmes_ 28m

I got a brotherhood with my fellow commits especially with @Kwon_daTRUTH @JDStandAlone &@DameWebb we got a mission together GO BUCKS !

Kwon_daTRUTH is Raekwon, JDStandAlone is Johnnie Dixon and DameWebb is Damon Webb.

I remembered lots of talk about him during the last few years of his playing days about how he was going to be a great NFL coach down the line. This year with people talking about Fickell possibly being forced out/encouraged to take any job he could get everyone wondered... would Vrabel follow him as his DC? And the answer always seemed to be "He may very well be a lifer at OSU." Oops.

Good news is it creates more flexibility for defensive hires now. They can hire a stud DC above Luke at any of the position groups if they want to as Luke can coach DL or LB and obviously they need a DB guy.

There was some concern at first that Jalyn Holmes may decommit due to this but he just tweeted this within the last half hour...

QBKILLA!!! #⃣1⃣1⃣ ‏@JayHolmes_ 28m

I got a brotherhood with my fellow commits especially with @Kwon_daTRUTH @JDStandAlone &@DameWebb we got a mission together GO BUCKS !

Kwon_daTRUTH is Raekwon, JDStandAlone is Johnnie Dixon and DameWebb is Damon Webb.

I dont think Vrabel's job was in trouble no matter what Meyer did with the rest of the d staff

Yeah, Herman is the "primary" recruiter on Thomas according to 247 but Vrabel was the "secondary" but of course Vrabel would have been his position coach. Gotta see if an official visit still happens and who Urban hires. Looks like Larry Johnson Sr. is out at PSU. He's a real asshole when it comes to negative recruiting against OSU so maybe it's time to get him on our side...lol.

Yeah, Herman is the "primary" recruiter on Thomas according to 247 but Vrabel was the "secondary" but of course Vrabel would have been his position coach. Gotta see if an official visit still happens and who Urban hires. Looks like Larry Johnson Sr. is out at PSU. He's a real asshole when it comes to negative recruiting against OSU so maybe it's time to get him on our side...lol.

Thomas always mentioned Vrabel first when anyone asked him about osu