College Football Thread v4.0

bicranium

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/08/18/braxton-miller-injury-update.html

"Ohio State senior quarterback Braxton Miller, considered by several polls to be among the preseason leaders to make a run at the Heisman Trophy, reinjured his right shoulder in practice this afternoon, sources told The Dispatch. The injury puts in jeopardy his playing status for the coming season.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who? I don't recall seeing anyone in here asking for him to miss the season lol. I do wonder if this season will cause Urban to have chest pains and force him back into retirement. I guess we'll find out how good of coach he really is this year won't we?

All your dreams are coming true. Congrats.

Apparently he was on Sports Illustrated as well

4th time. Really weird they'd keep putting such a mediocre player on their cover but it is what it is.

All your dreams are coming true. Congrats.

4th time. Really weird they'd keep putting such a mediocre player on their cover but it is what it is.

Haha the butthurt is strong within you, I am sure you have gone through at least 2 boxes of tissues haven't you? He's the best player in the B10, not that it says much these days, so yeah he's gonna be on the regional cover. I understand you want his sperm in your belly, but you should really get over it man, it's not good for your health. As for my dreams, my dreams are to see OSU win a national title every year, regardless of who the qb is and how I feel about them.

Haha the butthurt is strong within you, I am sure you have gone through at least 2 boxes of tissues haven't you? He's the best player in the B10, not that it says much these days, so yeah he's gonna be on the regional cover. I understand you want his sperm in your belly, but you should really get over it man, it's not good for your health. As for my dreams, my dreams are to see OSU win a national title every year, regardless of who the qb is and how I feel about them.

Honestly I think it's hilarious given the timing of you people on here. If you're actually OSU fans (questionable) at least now we can see how truly "glad" you all will be to not have to hear his name or see him on the field this year.

Haha touche! I hope JT Barrett is ready to step up, I don't think they need a superstar qb in order to beat most of the teams they face. I do think they need a qb able to put the ball in the hand of the play makers and let them do their jobs. The defense is going to have to step up big time, compared to where they was at last year. I think a lot of the games will be closer and the margin of error a lot smaller.

Haha touche! I hope JT Barrett is ready to step up, I don't think they need a superstar qb in order to beat most of the teams they face. I do think they need a qb able to put the ball in the hand of the play makers and let them do their jobs. The defense is going to have to step up big time, compared to where they was at last year. I think a lot of the games will be closer and the margin of error a lot smaller.

Last two Heisman trophy winners were redshirt freshmen. Barrett is a lock. :masturboy:

The talent around the QB has been upgraded immensely through Urban's recruiting. The defense HAS to be improved. The back end can't get much worse than it was last year. We'll see there. But all Barrett has to do is keep getting better. OSU could easily lose 3 of their first 4 (Navy, VT and Cincy) if Barrett is an absolute disaster but I really don't expect that. Just manage the game, don't do anything stupid, keep getting better through the first half of the season and get ready for the real tests in October/November.

^^ My thoughts exactly. I think we'll see a lot of different things on offense, which may be a good thing. The running backs will have to step up to not only fill the void lost with Hyde, but now Braxton. This will be the time we see if the recruiting at WR and RB is hype or reality. The biggest concern for me though, is new qb behind a new o-line (only 1 returning starter there). Navy is a game to not over look as their offense will most likely give OSU fits. The game that scares me more than ever is Michigan State.

BTW for anyone wondering how it happened...

1- Thought this deserved it's own thread since it's updated info. If it doesn't, Jeff can merge with the other one.

2- The play was a normal 8-yard out pattern. Braxton was not hit.

3- He made the throw and grabbed the shoulder in terrible pain. He felt it was worse pain and in worse shape than before the original surgery. He thinks the shoulder is blown completely, but he's not a doctor and going off the pain.

4- MRI in the morning, I was told.

5- IF, big IF, but IF he's out for the year, Braxton will DEFINITELY redshirt and has already told teammates that.

I'm sorry for some of you that I had to post #5 there but it's just a fact. If he's truly out for the year, you will get to hear his name again in 2015. :gabe:

I personally feel 2015 would be a better shot at a national championship than 2014 was. The o-line should be better next year, there really isn't anyone going to be leaving early for the NFL that I can think of outside of maybe Spence. Therefore the defense should be pretty good in 2015. I will go on a limb and say OSU still goes 10-2 this season without Braxton

The biggest concern for me though, is new qb behind a new o-line (only 1 returning starter there).

Definitely the biggest concern. It was a concern with Braxton expected to be back there even with his mobility. Put a guy with less mobility back there now in Barrett and he may not have enough time to distribute to the WR's and H-backs and whatnot. The coaches were obviously happy with Decker at LT but I thought they seemed pretty confident last week (or maybe this weekend) when Urban said Baldwin had locked down the RT spot. Elflein was fine at RG in Hall's place for 1 3/4 BIG games last season so I expect that to continue and improve. All about the LG and C now.

Barrett has GOT to come out and sling the rock at least half way decently. Otherwise, teams are just going to stack the box and make him beat them with his arm...shit, they're going to do that anyway. I had JUST read an article earlier today on LandGrant that was quoting Braxton saying he was fine. So shitty...

Barrett has GOT to come out and sling the rock at least half way decently. Otherwise, teams are just going to stack the box and make him beat them with his arm...shit, they're going to do that anyway. I had JUST read an article earlier today on LandGrant that was quoting Braxton saying he was fine. So shitty...

He didn't do anything in the morning session and spoke after that saying he was great and the staff all thought today would be a day where he took a big step in getting back into real game shape with his shoulder.

I must admit, I went back and forth for a while on being concerned/unconcerned about Braxton's shoulder as they brought him on slowly in camp but reading Herman's quotes from this afternoon I was more worried. Herman mentioned a specific "setback" with regards to "soreness" early in camp then started talking more specifically about certain muscles and whatnot. Then the afternoon/evning session takes place and who knows what exactly happened in his shoulder. Will probably know for sure in less than 10 hours.

I guess they are doing an MRI in the morning. Just read this tweet

Jeremy Fowler ‏@JFowlerCBS 1h

After practice, Miller had ice on his shoulder and was smiling, in good spirits.

Someone on scout mentioned that scar tissue can come loose and feel like a pop and be sore for a few days, maybe that's the case here. I guess we'll know for sure in the next 24-48hrs

BTW for anyone wondering how it happened...

Pretty concerning if he wasn't hit, that's absolutely not good at all. Best wishes to Braxton, and hopefully he'll be 100% by the time the season starts. We need our Heisman! :lolguy:

But seriously, without a Kenny G caliber backup (confidence/composure, not skill), this REALLY sucks.

P.S., I have a Miller jersey. I really don't hate the guy, lol.

P.P.S., time for CFB thread v5?