Damn telemarketers.

PRD2BDF

They keep calling my cellphone two to three times a day. Started three days ago.

Initially dismissed the first call as a wrong number but nope.

Doesn't these morons know I'm Deaf. /sarcasm.

Next time they call, I'm answering then leaving the phone alone so they will keep talking and I'll say yes every so often.

They are calling from three or four different numbers that are slight variations of each other.

Didn't know the iPhone could block calls, thanks!

I've had the same problem, and if you call the number back it says it's disconnected. They rarely have the same number show up twice in my call ID, making it difficult to block.

The worst is the "this is an important message about your credit card...please stay on the line to hear how we can reduce your interest rate" scam. I have stayed on long enough a few times to actually speak to someone and they are wanting to 'confirm' your credit card information including the full account number, DOB, and SSN before they can offer you their promotion.

Obviously knowing this is a scam, I let them finish their talk and then I ask who they are affiliated with and am instantly hung up on. When I call the number back it is disconnected. Crafty little fuckers.

-Marc

They keep calling my cellphone two to three times a day. Started three days ago.

Next time they call, I'm answering then leaving the phone alone so they will keep talking and I'll say yes every so often.

install mr number if your android

allows you to send numbers straight to voicemail or hang up

it also notifies you if a incoming call is a known telemarketer.

Be careful, you just may agree to something you might regret.

I'm on the do not call list, and I keep getting calls about extending the warranty on my car from several different companies.

Most likely you have done business with on of their sub or parent companies.

The worst is the "this is an important message about your credit card...please stay on the line to hear how we can reduce your interest rate" scam. I have stayed on long enough a few times to actually speak to someone and they are wanting to 'confirm' your credit card information including the full account number, DOB, and SSN before they can offer you their promotion.

Obviously knowing this is a scam, I let them finish their talk and then I ask who they are affiliated with and am instantly hung up on. When I call the number back it is disconnected. Crafty little fuckers.

-Marc

Honestly the best way to get off their lists is not to hang up or ask to be removed, but to screw with them. Take as much of their time as you can until they hang up on you. Don't ask who they're affiliated with, just pretend to be an extremely slow old person.

The reason they hang up on you when you ask is because they know they have no chance of scamming you. If you string them along, they think they have a chance and will play along. I suspect they get paid based on how many scams they run, so the more time you waste, the more you screw with them.

Also, it's fun to scare the shit out of them at the end. I had one guy strung along for about 10 minutes just giving him BS info, when I sensed he was starting to catch on I sort of put my hand over my mic and whispered loud enough for him to hear "YEAH WE GOT THE TRACE, I JUST GOTTA KEEP HIM ON THE LINE FOR A COUPLE MORE MINUTES AND WE'LL HAVE A NAME TO GO WITH IT" *click*.

I haven't been called by that particular recorded voice since.

install mr number if your android

allows you to send numbers straight to voicemail or hang up

it also notifies you if a incoming call is a known telemarketer.

TrueCaller works as well. Searches for numbers not normally listed and tells you who is calling in some cases.