Finally ditching cable... need an ISP though.

HotCarl

my provider is Time Warner, I have 2 HD DVR boxes, the fastest internet they offer and pretty much basic cable with 0 movie channels(they call it the starter TV/Standard TV/HD PAK) and I pay $169.19 a month. I've been with Insight since 2004 until Time Warner bought them out recently(Bill went up $2.00 when that happened), so basicly I've been with the same company for 10 years this month and I still get NO breaks on rates.

DirectTV- over 500 HD channels- $49.99 per month

UVerse internet (16MPS)- $39.99 per month.

$94 out the door for both. I have every channel you can dream of, on 4 TV's.

Trust me I've thought about this but my Apartment faces the wrong direction (north I believe) and my complex wont let them install a satellite dish on the roof or on the deck.

my provider is Time Warner, I have 2 HD DVR boxes, the fastest internet they offer and pretty much basic cable with 0 movie channels(they call it the starter TV/Standard TV/HD PAK) and I pay $169.19 a month. I've been with Insight since 2004 until Time Warner bought them out recently(Bill went up $2.00 when that happened), so basicly I've been with the same company for 10 years this month and I still get NO breaks on rates.

Holy shit dude. I'd start looking elsewhere. That's crazy.

I have whole home DVR for my price too and can record up to 5 shows at once and over 500 hours of space.

Trust me I've thought about this but my Apartment faces the wrong direction (north I believe) and my complex wont let them install a satellite dish on the roof or on the deck.

That's not a thing.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/products/story/2012-04-29/pegoraro-rooftop-antenna/54582432/1

wow I had no idea. My brother lived in this apartment before I took over the lease and he said he attempted to get dish network but was told that his apartment faces the wrong direction and that they would have to mount the dish either on a big pole on his deck or on the roof which was a no-go. Not sure how expensive installation like that would be either or if i would want to spend that much. thanks for the heads up though.

that holds no ground if its stated in the lease. just went through it. dtv even had their legal staff involved. and they had to terminate the contract and come pick up there equipment.. the only way i see possible is a giant suction cup to the second floor window glass lol

FWIW, WOW's router is a piece of crap and gets real shoddy with more than 4 devices connected between wifi and cat-5. Make sure you have your own (you should with any ISP, but hey we're all broke, right?). I may be an outlier, and this may be an isolated incident though, I never called them, just got my own. I got on board with them spring last year. Other than that, I'll +1 for WOW.

REally? Are you on Docsis 3.0? because I've got there router and haven't had any issues with it besides ever couple months the wifi acting stupid quick reboot and back to normal.

• 4 weeks later...
Holy shit dude. I'd start looking elsewhere. That's crazy.

I have whole home DVR for my price too and can record up to 5 shows at once and over 500 hours of space.

Just got my new cable bill, its now $175.64! I looked on their site and they have a package deal which includes: Turbo internet, HD TV package 2 HD DVR boxes you get all the movie channels and they're giving you a free tablet for $119 a month for 1 year. I'm calling today to cancel

REally? Are you on Docsis 3.0? because I've got there router and haven't had any issues with it besides ever couple months the wifi acting stupid quick reboot and back to normal.

Yeah, I have their DOCSIS 3 modem/router combo and its been rock solid. I haven't even had to reboot it once, and service has only gone down when they told us it was going to.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3236209371.png

Edited by Rally Pat

I have Time Warner and the the only reason I have it is for the the tenants that live in my house while Im abroad. I got two DVRs, cable and their slowest internet package for 109 w/tax per month.

Ill be getting rid of them when I get back, and just get WOWs best internet. For sporting games Ill either stream them or go to a bar or friends house. I will miss ESPN, but after being overseas so long I just stream all their live shows off their website, albeit its recorded with just voice, but it works.