What's it worth? CTS-V

WideOpenThrottle

Well, I posted my 2004 Cummins up for sale or trade on CL and I've had mostly crap offers but someone offered up a 2005 CTS-V, Black on Black, 6 speed with 77K on it. It looks like a clean car and I've always wanted to have one but I always ended up buying a classic instead.

Ultimately I never see what these sell for or know the real value, yes I know the KBB value is $15,600. But what is the real sell price and value of these?

They've been coming down on price, but $16k-17.5k would be fair with that mileage.

The real price fall-off comes with an '04...first-year jitters and the glass rear-end/axle-hop issue scares a lot of people away. The jump up would be in '06 when they drop the 5.7L LS6 (Z06 Corvette) motor for the 6.0L LS2.

Edited by zeitgeist57
MAH BAD...LS6, not LS7

The guys who responded here have clearly been looking to buy a CTSv...or already own them. They nailed it on the price ranges. There are some very common issues that some run from but are fairly easy fixes: motor mounts and the differential bushing. Parts are fairly cheap - 200 for the MM and 70 or so on the bushing. If the drivetrain feels "clunky" those are the culprits. My car needed both and the car feels like a different car.

Only downside in my ownership .... Getting you from point a to point b is not its primary mission. Its primary mission is to deplete fossil fuels :-). Getting where you want to go is secondary.

Mine was an '04 with 69k and the insurance company totaled it and gave me $14500.

Make sure you set aside a few hundred dollars for a short shifter. You WILL want to replace the pathetic pudding stick that comes with it. I never had any major issues with mine, mostly just electrical bugs and the starter went out. It was a fun car and got decent gas mileage for what it is.

Do it! We need a few more of these around here. I have a few spare parts already if you plan on doing any mods. If you were selling because you were in search of a gas guzzling sedan than it's a no brainer.

On a more serious note; what were you asking for your truck? If it was in the 15 range and the V is clean it's probably in your benefit to make the trade.

I was asking 15 for the Cummins, it's an 2004 with I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4 door, 4 WD , 6 speed. The truck has 198K on and it and will cotinue to go up as i daily drive it in the winter time. It has a 6 inch lift and 37 inch tires with about 75% tread left. It has no check engine lights and 4 wd works flawlessly. Bed does have black bed liner and a tool box with key. It also has K&N air filter

Here is my CL ad: http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4245216628.html

Or am I simply asking too little for the truck? I've had tons of emails and offers; but I hate dealing with half of the CL scammer and such

Also, I appreciate all the heads up and info on the pearls and pit-falls of CTS-V ownership. I knew you all would have the inside information on it! Thanks ahead of time.

So how terrible is the fuel on these? A few friends have C-5 Z06's and I recall them getting around 25-27

I saw 22-24mpg in mine with intake/exhaust, I never really romped it much either. After throwing some decent All-Seasons on it, she was surprisingly tame in the snow.

I have a C5 Vette, same mods as well and it gets a lot better mileage, prolly upper 20's, but it's a lot more slippery through the air, they have pretty low drag.

I think you've priced your truck fair. I know the Cummins hold their value, prolly can't find one under $15k for that year.

Edited by 1Quik7