How a differential works, circa 1937 (Still relevant)

Mensan

Cool video from GM, titled 'Around the Corner'. Simplified yet detailed explanation of how a rear differential allows wheels to travel at different speeds. Basic knowledge for some, black magic for others. I thought it was cool so now you have to look at it.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98951&highlight=differential+works

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=553&pictureid=6867

Dude...why do you care if it is a repost if it isn't something you'd ever look up? I never saw it before and enjoyed it. Geesh. And another thing...the search on this forum has NEVER returned any results for me no matter what I enter. I've always assumed it was my rights or something. In any case...drop the repost complaints. It makes u sound petty and lame like a newb.
  • Upvote 3

Dude...why do you care if it is a repost if it isn't something you'd ever look up? I never saw it before and enjoyed it. Geesh. And another thing...the search on this forum has NEVER returned any results for me no matter what I enter. I've always assumed it was my rights or something. In any case...drop the repost complaints. It makes u sound petty and lame like a newb.

Great story bro.

It was for Eli's enjoyment.....

Read around it.

+rep

This is one of the best videos out there explaining differential operation.

x2. I like how they started with it as a real simple, then slowly added more and made it more complex. Great way to teach people how a diff works if they dont understand it at all.