Does this animal exist?

hpfiend

Responsive and fun in the corners like an RSX-S without the torque steer

Sounds good like a mustang.

Brakes like a C5 corvette Z06.

10.8 to 11.5 in the quarter.

Blower for the C5 Z06 but that's not going to solve the cornering feel or sound which is alright now but def not mustang quality IMO...

I dont really care what it looks like as I don't have time to wash it anymore.

Back seat is a plus.

Sort of sounds like a 04 Cobra with Maximum motorsports everything and a ported blower but not sure about braking and nimble like an RSX-S

EVO or STI but maybe not in the sound department, and not sure how modified they would need to be to run that fast in the quarter. Silent mufflers may solve the sound problem.

BMW 3 with a turbo 5.0 swap and some porsche brakes or something?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why the answer isn't just C6 Z06. I feel like once you put enough tire under the car to handle 500+ horsepower, it'll never feel like a hot hatch, even if you start with a hot hatch.

eta: I'm going to +1 the 911 turbo. I've never driven one, but people won't shut up about how the rear-engine layout allows for putting down massive power while still having a nimble steering feel. That may be Porsche fanwanking, but it's worth driving one I suppose.

Neat swap clay, thanks!

I like the flying miata 5.0 and ls1 swaps but figured the short wheelbase would be too unstable to be fun- that and not having a hard top.

Interesting the 911 came up- my dad had one and the 95-97 awd twin turbo was one of my dream cars until I read a review Tilley posted on here a few years ago...

Surprised you didn't go for the cobra or the Evo 2 high psi

Surprised you didn't go for the cobra or the Evo 2 high psi

I have had both.

If you take either a Cobra or an Evo and you make it a 10.x car, it no longer handles well at all.

I LOVED both platforms. But pushing them that far, ruined them IMO.

I think the gtr is overpriced for what it is but maybe I need to drive one - a buddy of mine had a 350z that was really fun

You really should drive one. If you wait for a deal on an 09, I think they are the best value out there.

The MSRP on new is ridiculous now though.

Alfa 4C if you're ok with 12+ seconds 1/4 mile out of the box.

Sound is up to the individual but I love it.

240hp Mid engine rear drive 2100lbs, like a pissed off Lotus Elise.

Actually now that I think about it, my friend's dad has a turbo Elise that is insane on rural VT roads.

that ls1 rx8 is sounding quite nice!

I just happened across this as well...

LS1 S2000 Swap kit

http://www.importmuscle.com/

Actually any decent turbo on an S2000 would be pretty sweet... wasn't there someone on here with one of those?

If you pick up an S2K, I have the Race version of an InlinePro turbo kit sitting in my parts room for one.

http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/p-16-stage-2-s2000-turbo-kit.aspx

Sounds like you just need suspension / wheel tire setup on your C5Z to me. Send to Danny Popp, open wallet and you've pretty much got the car you're after.

Dr. T drove a 997 T, 996 is a much more "pure" drivers experience and a car with quite a bit more feedback. That said all the turbo's are a little soft so you might need coilovers to get what you're after in a 996 TT. It'll have back seats but they are useless. Doesn't have V8 sound either so double whammy. But go rear drive conversion to drop another 150 lbs (no CTD jokes please this is how the GT2 is configured) combined with coilovers and it's quite a car.

E92 M3 comes to mind too...again too soft with stock suspension though, but useable back seat, great trunk, 8200rpm V8

Maybe I'm getting old...but I've done swapped cars and they all take quite a bit of work to make the whole combination work otherwise the car just does one thing well. Even most of the LS sapped RX-7's I've seen at the track seem to go better in a straight line than in the corners. My brother's rotary car is developed as a package and spanks them.

Well that is why I bought it in the first place coming from a very modified mustang with terrible brakes and handling.

I think it is amazing in all departments except for the feel. While its handling capability is incredible, it isn't fun to drive in everyday cornering. I do enjoy it immensely in cloverleafs but in normal, non banked, non sweeping turns it isn't confidence inspiring with good feedback in the steering or chassis.

It is really difficult to explain but I definitely drove much more aggressively in our old RSX-S, than I do in the corvette. The RSX had a smaller steering wheel and awesome side bolsters but I don't think that is all there was to it.

My dad has a c6 and it is even worse in this department so I definitely do not want a c6 of any flavor. The brakes in the corvette are nothing short of awesome (they dust a bit excessively but well worth it)- The acceleration is impressive as well- it just isn't as raw and explosive. I miss the mustang's lightning fast revs with its 3" stroke and its sound.

I don't have the time I used to have to autox or road race so it has become a daily driver for me in the spring, summer, fall.

Danny is one hell of a driver- I didn't know he worked on them as well- I haven't seen him since I was a kid though...

Actually now that I think about it, my friend's dad has a turbo Elise that is insane on rural VT roads.

That right there is the number one car people are happy with after selling their c5z on corvette forum... didn't know about the turbo option

the camry engine never excited me before...

I will look into the 4c

Well that is why I bought it in the first place coming from a very modified mustang with terrible brakes and handling.

I think it is amazing in all departments except for the feel. While its handling capability is incredible, it isn't fun to drive in everyday cornering. I do enjoy it immensely in cloverleafs but in normal, non banked, non sweeping turns it isn't confidence inspiring with good feedback in the steering or chassis.

It is really difficult to explain but I definitely drove much more aggressively in our old RSX-S, than I do in the corvette. The RSX had a smaller steering wheel and awesome side bolsters but I don't think that is all there was to it.

My dad has a c6 and it is even worse in this department so I definitely do not want a c6 of any flavor. The brakes in the corvette are nothing short of awesome (they dust a bit excessively but well worth it)- The acceleration is impressive as well- it just isn't as raw and explosive. I miss the mustang's lightning fast revs with its 3" stroke and its sound.

I don't have the time I used to have to autox or road race so it has become a daily driver for me in the spring, summer, fall.

Danny is one hell of a driver- I didn't know he worked on them as well- I haven't seen him since I was a kid though...

So it really isn't the raw potential, more of the confidence and feel you get while driving it you are after. I can sort of understand that, but there is a line that gets drawn when you are talking 10 second street cars that will "feel" like a 2xxx lb 200hp fwd car. 10 second cards have 3xx wide tires and are generally designed to be "uber" stable at high speeds. This imparts loads of confidence at high speeds, but in normal driving, the limit is so high, you have to drive like an insane person to have the same fun.

Maybe you should look at things mentioned above like swapped RX7/8's and others like it. It will be light, pointy, and fun, but will still have to be driven with extreme caution if capable of running 10's all day.

Dr. T drove a 997 T, 996 is a much more "pure" drivers experience and a car with quite a bit more feedback. That said all the turbo's are a little soft so you might need coilovers to get what you're after in a 996 TT. It'll have back seats but they are useless. Doesn't have V8 sound either so double whammy. But go rear drive conversion to drop another 150 lbs (no CTD jokes please this is how the GT2 is configured) combined with coilovers and it's quite a car.

That is good to hear that it was not the 996... I always have wanted one of those... I almost bought one over my c5z but I couldn't justify the price they were asking to even go drive one for such an older car. The NSXs were also on my list but they had ridiculously high miles and a NA six didn't really thrill me.