**CANCELED**CR GPindoor Go Kart track day Jan 31

Mojoe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe, you know I'm not knocking you at all, just the 'advertisement' at the track. I thought the sessions felt short last time. I'm paying for 10 minutes and the fastest cart can finish 10 laps in under 7 minutes. I know they can't cater to the slowest cart, but at least be honest about what you are selling. Also, does that mean if I'm in the faster group I actually get less time than the slower group? :fa: I seems to me it should be easy to program the system for 10 actual minutes, but they feel the can get more sessions per hour at 10 laps and make it seem like you are getting more time than you actually are calling it 10 minutes.

Your math is accurate for what you said. If you stick to the thought of you're paying for "10 minutes".

However, they have changed it up and I feel it balances out better now. I did another event this past Friday. 1st round is practice, broke up into three 8-11 Kart groups. Second round is stacked by overall fastest of your entire group. This is the qualifier, in three 8-11 kart groups. Third is the finals and it's NASCAR style!! The whole group it split into two groups, by their times. Then each group is on the track for a ROLLING start with a pace Kart. First turn is chaos and super fun. BUT, this is a 14 lap session and they track who finishes in the lead. So to me, that balances out better, and there was a lot more contact = more fun.

Understand, the overall number of people you have could change the break down of things. We had 27 people. Also, after us, there are no more private events there. Yes, they are still caught up in the issues of opening. But, they are not doing anymore until March. People can go ahead and be upset, but at least they are here and doing what they can.

Edited by Mojoe

Your math is accurate for what you said. If you stick to the thought of you're paying for "10 minutes".

However, they have changed it up and I feel it balances out better now. I did another event this past Friday. 1st round is practice, broke up into three 8-11 Kart groups. Second round is stacked by overall fastest of your entire group. This is the qualifier, in three 8-11 kart groups. Third is the finals and it's NASCAR style!! The whole group it split into two groups, by their times. Then each group is on the track for a ROLLING start with a pace Kart. First turn is chaos and super fun. BUT, this is a 14 lap session and they track who finishes in the lead. So to me, that balances out better, and there was a lot more contact = more fun.

Understand the over all number of people you have could change the break down of things. We have 27 people. Also, after us, there are no more private events there. Yes, they are still caught up in the issues of opening. But, they are not doing anymore until March. People can go ahead and be upset, but at least they are here and doing what they can.

And not to mention in the 1st and 2nd sessions i was seeing people get 11-12 laps assuming you didn't spin out or anything. So its not really just 10 laps either.

Personally I am glad they are not doing private events anymore till March, that way I am not tempted to go anymore and spend my money! I hope by then there is more rubber/better tires/traction on the track.

CORRECTION!!!!!

This event is now CANCELED!!!!!! Sorry for the short notice. They have been doing all they can to take care of us for tomorrow, but the city is saying no more events until the final permits are approved. they were working off a temp permit and now the city is saying NO! Sorry everyone.

Edited by Mojoe

Sorry Chief. They are pretty upset about it too. But, I have to imagine the fines they could get are pretty ridiculous. Let alone if someone got hurt there. We can hit pause on this for now. I'll keep you guys posted on future options. Thanks