Motorcycle Riders Club of America - is this SPAM?

Disclaimer

http://www.motorcycleridersclubofamerica.com/

So I got some junk snail mail today that contained a bunch of garbage about the Motorcycle Riders Club of America. It's Minnesota-based apparently and their schpiel is $12/yr and you get a subscription to RIDER mag, $20 gas card, packable rainsuit, and you let them know what bikes you have and they'll "send you free gear" to keep once you test it and fill out a questionnaire on it.

So, I was just wondering if I round file all this stuff with my Publisher's Clearing House stuff, or if this is legit and anyone on here is a "valued member" of MCRCOA?

I paid the $12 but then they keep asking you for more money to become a life member and when you become a life member is when you really get to test things and blah blah blah. I dont consider it a complete loss though i like the magazine.

• 3 weeks later...

I was weary about it myself and I joined the basic one year for $24.00.

I did get the magazines, free rain suit (top & bottom) and it wasn't to cheaply made.

You have to join as a life member to actually get to test stuff and they are willing to credit my $24.00 fee towards the Life time membership.

They spread it out over a year if you like. I did get Quarterly gas refunds (up to $5.00 every three months) so that comes to $20.00 so it leaves a debt of $4.00 to join. Not too bad. I did get a call and told 'em if the mags keep coming then I would probably go Life Time.

There's my 2 cents or $4.00 dollars worth

Being the owner of a Yahama I did like the full article on the RaiderS before it was released to the public. The rider took it across the country and then wrote his review.

:D