WTB Tool Box

Wes Stone

Does anyone have a nice toolbox for sale that they don't want $4000 for or am i just way out of my league here? I would like a roller cab not a tall box. Anyone have anything? If not i'm pretty sure i'ma go with the harbor freight industrial box that the guys on garage journal keep praising.

Does anyone have a nice toolbox for sale that they don't want $4000 for or am i just way out of my league here? I would like a roller cab not a tall box. Anyone have anything? If not i'm pretty sure i'ma go with the harbor freight industrial box that the guys on garage journal keep praising.

do you work in the automotive field? did your check Sears out or even Lowes? I know Lowes has a decent size box that has a built in fridge & radio, can't remember the price but I don't think it was too bad.

what size box your looking for? if your wanting a nice roll cab then be prepared to put a lot of money down, I paid over $12k for my Matco box that's even with a $5400.00 trade in on my previous Matco box.

there are quite a few on CL for around 3k Snap on box's. No i don't work in the auto field but i don't like the quality of the crapsman boxes. I'd like to find a nice box. I want a short box that I can use the top to work on. No tall boxes. I'm looking for the guy who needs money and I want a box lol

go get the harbor freight deal... they have a real nice unit you buy in sections and buy what you want... I picked that up, paid a fraction of the price everyone is mentioning in this and it's been awesome! plenty of storage, looks nice, ball bears work well, and just over all, just a fantastic setup.

I have the harbor freight boxes as well as bought my father in law one a few years ago. I also have a craftsman box right next to the harbor freight. I prefer the harbor freight, better drawers and slides, feels built better. My father in law puts alot of oldschool heavy tools in his and no problems.

Seen a few Harbor Freight boxes and are deff worth it for the money. If I didn't work as a tech that's what I'd buy. You can easily get over $10k in a box going with something like Snap-on or Matco. Even Snap-on's cheaper boxes cost more then double a comparable sized Harbor Freight box. Craftsman boxes are junk IMHO, most lube techs start out with them and it doesn't take long for the draws to fall out of them.

How much are you looking to spend? I have an extra Matco box I wouldnt mind getting rid of in my home garage. I dont remember off the top of my head what series it is but it is a black 56" wide x 24" deep x 42" tall 11 drawer box. I want to say it is a Pro Performance Series box.