Anyone use FedEx post?.........don't

cstmg8

I had never heard of it before, but apparently it is a service where fedex receives the package and delivers it to a certain point, then hands it off to the U.S. Postal Service.

I placed an order with supplement warehouse, FedEx tracking works great, package showed up in Grove City at the FedEx location on Thursday morning. Now it says that the package is being transferred to the US Postal Service and that it will not be delivered until Monday. Strange

I had never heard of it before, but apparently it is a service where fedex receives the package and delivers it to a certain point, then hands it off to the U.S. Postal Service.

I placed an order with supplement warehouse, FedEx tracking works great, package showed up in Grove City at the FedEx location on Thursday morning. Now it says that the package is being transferred to the US Postal Service and that it will not be delivered until Monday. Strange

It sucks. I found a way around it though. I have the stuff delivered to me at work and they never let it get to the post office :)

I have received things from Amazon this way and haven't had a good experience yet. Granted it was only two separate orders but both were late and one was even delivered to an incorrect address. Thankfully a nice neighbor brought it over instead of keeping it.

Pavo

I wonder what the advantage is? Seems as though FedEx would just deliver it, after bringing it from Wisconsin to Columbus. I actually use the priority mail service to ship, with good luck so far.

as stated, price is the big one. it's cheaper for the shipper.

another big advantage is that the USPS offers coverage to every residential address in the US, as well as PO boxes, APO, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and all other US territories. fedex can not deliver to a POB or to an APO. they ship to guam, alaska, hawaii etc, but it costs an arm and a leg.

from the seller's perspective, you dont want to give someone a reason NOT to buy from you. if you're joe customer from guam, and you get on my site and see i dont ship to guam (or i do ship there for $$$) thats a lost sale...

another advantage is saturday delivery. the USPS brings your mail on saturday. standard fedex ground does not deliver on saturday. you CAN get sat delivery through fedex at an additional cost.

tracking is included with smartpost at no additional charge. FYI after fedex hands the pkg off to your post office, you can track on the USPS site by putting 92 in front of the fedex tracking number.

no residential surcharge either. FedEx has a surcharge of like $3.25 to deliver to a residential address. UPS is about the same last time i checked. USPS does not have this surcharge. fuel surcharges are still included, but they are drastically reduced. can be up to 50% in many cases.

yes, transit times can be a little longer, due to the package being handed off to the USPS for final mile delivery... but if this was a truly time critical shipment, you would have picked 3 day or next day service.

I have received things from Amazon this way and haven't had a good experience yet. Granted it was only two separate orders but both were late and one was even delivered to an incorrect address. Thankfully a nice neighbor brought it over instead of keeping it.

Pavo

I dont know if this is why, but ive had so many packages delivered to my houes that were supposed to go to my neighbor. Literally 10+ pieces of mail and 5+ packages so far (Starting in the middle of last year when they moved in, but they order a ton of shit, im always seeing packages in front of there house) One time they dropped 2 different packages here they were easily 4ftx4ftx4ft and it took up my entire porch, when i got home and looked at them i realized it happened AGAIN and they were my neighbors. Not sure if its cause of this delivery handoffs but this seems to happen ALL THE TIME now.

If you're shipping anything expensive you should not use smartpost, USPS, or mail innovations. Making a lost package claim won't go anywhere if there was a handoff to a different carrier, if it was straight fedex home delivery it's fast and easy.

Smartpost usually works fine though, and a few years ago when I was in shipping Fedex was the #2 USPS customer because of it. UPS does the same thing called Mail Innovations, so beware.

tracking is included with smartpost at no additional charge. FYI after fedex hands the pkg off to your post office, you can track on the USPS site by putting 92 in front of the fedex tracking number.

Clearly your shift key isn't broken and you aren't too lazy to use it, so I'm not sure why you aren't capitalizing the first letter of the first word of any of your sentences.

More on topic, when I used USPS tracking it was beyond a joke. It said the package was somewhere in their system. It didn't even give a hint of where, just that it had been received by them, but not delivered. I ordered it, and I don't have it yet, so I already knew that. Troll package tracking technology at it's finest. Maybe it's different now?

Edited by Trouble Maker

USPS sucks so so bad.

I don't disagree with this. Dad has been a carrier for 27 years now and I can't wait for him to retire. They're totally boning him.

"Good" news is word in the hubs is USPS is looking to go 5 day mail weeks but have Saturday AND Sunday package delivery. I feel most here would like being able to receive the goods on Sun rather than wait until Mon. For me, meh. Nothing I order is THAT pertinent.

as stated, price is the big one. it's cheaper for the shipper.

another big advantage is that the USPS offers coverage to every residential address in the US, as well as PO boxes, APO, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and all other US territories. fedex can not deliver to a POB or to an APO. they ship to guam, alaska, hawaii etc, but it costs an arm and a leg.

from the seller's perspective, you dont want to give someone a reason NOT to buy from you. if you're joe customer from guam, and you get on my site and see i dont ship to guam (or i do ship there for $$$) thats a lost sale...

another advantage is saturday delivery. the USPS brings your mail on saturday. standard fedex ground does not deliver on saturday. you CAN get sat delivery through fedex at an additional cost.

no residential surcharge either. FedEx has a surcharge of like $3.25 to deliver to a residential address. UPS is about the same last time i checked. USPS does not have this surcharge. fuel surcharges are still included, but they are drastically reduced. can be up to 50% in many cases.

yes, transit times can be a little longer, due to the package being handed off to the USPS for final mile delivery... but if this was a truly time critical shipment, you would have picked 3 day or next day service.

This guy gets it.

• 3 weeks later...

UPS does the same thing, just looks at this bullshit. No update since the 6th and I still don't have the fucking package.

Location Date Local Time Activity (What's This?)

COLUMBUS, OH, United States 02/06/2014 7:04 P.M. Package transferred to local post office

02/06/2014 9:05 A.M. Electronic Shipment Information Received for Package by Post Office

Urbancrest, OH, United States 02/06/2014 8:54 A.M. Postage Paid/Ready for destination post office entry

02/06/2014 6:06 A.M. Package received for sort by destination UPS Mail Innovations facility

San Leandro, CA, United States 02/04/2014 3:24 A.M. Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility

02/04/2014 1:57 A.M. Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facility

San Leandro, CA, United States 02/03/2014 12:00 A.M. Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations

UPS does the same thing, just looks at this bullshit. No update since the 6th and I still don't have the fucking package.

Location Date Local Time Activity (What's This?)

COLUMBUS, OH, United States 02/06/2014 7:04 P.M. Package transferred to local post office

02/06/2014 9:05 A.M. Electronic Shipment Information Received for Package by Post Office

Urbancrest, OH, United States 02/06/2014 8:54 A.M. Postage Paid/Ready for destination post office entry

Your package and my package are in it together. Packagebros for life.

February 6, 2014, 7:04 pm, Columbus OH US Package has left the carrier facility

February 5, 2014, 11:18 pm, Urbancrest OH US Package arrived at a carrier facility