Kale's E36 STX build thread

bmwohio

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations and thanks for the updates, Kale! I can't see ever doing that myself but you never know. You certainly sell the Solo life well! :)

Are you going to do some modifications to the e36 over the winter (or just maintenance)? Will it still be in STX for 2015?

Damn that's dedication! You need a truck and trailer, 13 hours in the car you're competing in is SERIOUS

Nah....just more shit to break, and I have nowhere to store a rig and trailer

Major respect for not trailering your racecar.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink004.gif

Very cool build. It would take me 5x the time it took you maybe more, respect!

Thanks!

Congratulations and thanks for the updates, Kale! I can't see ever doing that myself but you never know. You certainly sell the Solo life well! :)

Are you going to do some modifications to the e36 over the winter (or just maintenance)? Will it still be in STX for 2015?

The Solo life is a passion and fun (to me)...so I guess that bleeds through sometimes.

Off-season plans are probably just maintenance items. May try a new spring combo set-up for next year....and I will be keeping it in STX trim for 2015 season.

+100

Need to absorb more skill from you scca gods.

I'd love to get some Kale co-drive days in the BRZ done so we can go back and forth on stuff.

Would love to!

Absolutely. Unfortunately (I suppose fortunately?) I learned more at the last event of this year than I did all year with the "other" clubs.

Hope to get even better next year!

I enjoy driving just as much as helping others out. I'm glad some of the info stuck with you. Sorry I didn't get more laps in your car.

• 2 months later...

Ok, One final update from the 2014 season......

We had out OVR Annual Awards banquet last week, and the new racecar won me 'Driver Of the Year' for the region, which I was pretty humbled to receive.

Also won the Board of Directors' Award for my contribution as Solo Chair over the past 4 years.

Pretty cool awards, and I had no idea I was receiving either of them....that is all...

10898046_10152578900396497_3610558166031386397_n.jpg?oh=ea0c5150a981291316174a8f91fbb2bf&oe=552FAADB&__gda__=1432240548_ab6ac8e756111c041da5d2c89880e3f7

Edited by bmwohio