Any high end watch dealers here?

dover

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$4000-7500 would be realistic. It's an end of contract present to myself.

That's seems like an awful lot of money for a watch. But given that you want to spend in that range, a couple of watches you may not have considered are a Grand Seiko or a Credor (also made by Seiko).

A quartz Grand Seiko should start around $2500. The spring drive models (pretty impressive, highly accurate drive system) start around $4000. Special models and solid gold will run $6000 to $15k. The Grand Seiko is all about understated quality, perfection in a traditional package. Non-watch people will probably mistake it for a very shiny $150 watch. There are dress models, chronographs, and diver models. A retailer in Arizonia has a short YouTube description:

Credor is more innovative, more about individual craftsmanship and bolder style. Credor starts around 4 or 5 grand and their new minute repeater is around $400,000, although you might get a military discount.

Until fairly recently, these watches weren't retailed in the U.S., they were JDM. They don't command the recognition that a Rolex, Omega, TAG, A. Lange, Audemars Piguet, Ulysse Nardin, Ball, Breitling, Girard-Perregaux, or Patek-Philippe does, but that's not what they're about.

I thought you might want to consider these and I doubted that anyone else would suggest them. I hope you find a watch you really enjoy, Mike! ;)

$4000-7500 would be realistic. It's an end of contract present to myself.

Next question. How big is your wrist? (Small, med, large). And how big do you want the watch to seem on your wrist? (Small, med, large).

Final question. Do you want something that is conservative and subtle or something that is loud and noticed?

You kids and your expensive watches

Can't take your money with you when you're dead , right? Might as well spend it on something you like that may (and that's a haaaaaard "May") appreciate in value. 2 of my 3 high end watches are now worth more than I paid for them. So technically they have become investments.

Next question. How big is your wrist? (Small, med, large). And how big do you want the watch to seem on your wrist? (Small, med, large).

Final question. Do you want something that is conservative and subtle or something that is loud and noticed?

I'd say I have medium wrists. The 42mm I bought looks good on my wrist now, I would like something with more depth as I think this Hamilton is only 16mm. I like simple and classy, nothing loud at all. I have been looking at Tag's, Cartier, and Panerai. I went ahead and ordered another daily on the cheaper end so I won't be mad if it gets beat up. It's a Tissot PRC200, I'll have pictures up soon.

Call me mike :)

Jaron I'm out of the country right now lol

I'd say I have medium wrists. The 42mm I bought looks good on my wrist now, I would like something with more depth as I think this Hamilton is only 16mm. I like simple and classy, nothing loud at all. I have been looking at Tag's, Cartier, and Panerai. I went ahead and ordered another daily on the cheaper end so I won't be mad if it gets beat up. It's a Tissot PRC200, I'll have pictures up soon.

Jaron I'm out of the country right now lol

so, 42-44 with a taller rise off the wrist?

here's a good watch. 45mm case, thicker than your Hamilton (it sits high off the wrist due to a rounded caseback).

http://www.jomashop.com/breitling-mens-watch-a1338012-f5-132a.html

here's another, don't be shy because its 46mm, it wears smaller.

http://www.jomashop.com/breitling-naviti-a2432212-b7-443a.html

I tried one of these on once, it was nice, also thick.

http://www.jomashop.com/bvlgari-bvlgari-mens-watch-bb42wsldch.html

Also, I am partial to these, they are 46mm but do not wear like they are. you can try mine on if you'd like to see if the size is right. Then again, you may not like the trigger.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Graham-Chronofighter-OverSize-Overlord-Ref-2OVAS-B03A-K10B-/281169950774?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item417708f836

Here is another watch I live. Really tall, and only 44mm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Ennebi-Fondale-Ref-9682-Titanium-44mm-automatic-13J049-W-/181275830525?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item2a34e1a8fd

BTW, What Hamilton did you buy that is 16mm tall?

I have a Black bezel Rolex Submariner ill sell ya cheap.

If no one else, I've been meaning to get one and would be interested in that.

And I'll +1 Doc's sentiments about the Grand Seiko. Especially if you like striking up conversation with "watch people" it's a fun one to wear.