used car shopping info

HotCarl

Does anyone know of any websites I can use that would show major maintenance concerns on used cars? maybe typical issues on older cars that can be expected? reliability concerns?

I'm looking at an 02 ram (4.7, gas) with 74k but I'm wondering if there is an expensive maintenance issue with these trucks, maybe a pricey 100k maintenance that needs to be done (timing belt/chain, water pump, etc...) I wasn't really considering such an old truck but its decently priced and I HATE driving such a small car.

I have a 4.7 durango with 126k on it. So far the trans is rock solid. Look for oil leakage, they like to do that. The valve cover gaskets are the most common place for an oil leak, but after I replaced mine there is another leak somewhere that I have not been able to pinpoint yet. Gas mileage is shit, I put a cai on ours and gained 2 mpg. When I'm not posting from my phone I'll post a website for performance stuff.

Thanks for the input guys.

Honestly I wasn't really interested in an older truck anyway I was just interested b/c it was dirt cheap and my preference is for Chevy's before Ford before Dodge. Either way this would be a daily driver so no mods, I'm leaning more towards a boring car like an Accord. Something that I can drive for another 8 years without major issues.

Well, now that a federal judge has deemed it free speech, perhaps people can stop being harassed for doing it. Now, they can go back to harassing people for no front license plate or light up windshield fluid squirters or, you know, just not being a particular color or look they like. :rolleyes:

Well, now that a federal judge has deemed it free speech, perhaps people can stop being harassed for doing it. Now, they can go back to harassing people for no front license plate or light up windshield fluid squirters or, you know, just not being a particular color or look they like. :rolleyes:

Lol, you posted in the wrong thread.