Carb cleaning + rejetting?

Captain_Panic1647545539

Anyone on here do this, or know someone good that will? I can pull the carbs whenever and deliver them. They never covered carbs when I went to college, so I know jack shit about them.

Oh, it's for an 82 Yamaha 650. All four carbs need cleaned, and I am planning on running pod filters and a different exhaust soon.

Can you clean out a toilet?

Seriously though, its not that hard to take apart, clean up, make sure nothing is excessively worn, and reassemble. If they ran fine when you took them off it's not like there is anything that is going to be worn out.

Do yourself a favor and do not do the pod filters. They make proper jetting a nightmare. If you are dead set on it, order a Dynojet jet kit (it includes stage 1 & 3) it will make things a lot easier. They usually has decent instructions. They run about $125

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/4103.pdf

You are correct on that, usually. I cannot adjust and sync them for you. That has to be done on the bike. Unfortunately, I do not have the gauges up here to do that.

I cannot remember if Yamaha used Mikuni or Keihin. Could you confirm that for me? If you are lucky enough to still have the stock jets in them, then don't buy aftermarket jets or needle. They are rarely worth a damn.

I have not yet done a Hitachi, but carbs don't scare me. Just PM me if you want me to look them over. It looks like the feller above might be a little closer for you though.

Yeah that is a bit of a ride!

hey, i live in german village too. if you ever need a hand with the bike/carbs whatever, let me know.

I am currently in the process of moving to Dublin. But yes, I would love some help. I have extensive knowledge of mechanics, but have no knowledge of carbs.