Top 10 or 20 Call Out List, lets race

On3Performance

Well, that wasn't specified before. :lol:

Just trying to mimic what other "true street" people are doing in other races.

There are always ways of skirting rules, IE a "DOT" Tire that clearly says "not for highway use" as we all know what it is. Some guy shows up in his weekend toy and you pull your car off a trailer, which hasn't been driven in 6 months and only runs on C16 and say "hey bruh, it's a street car". :lolguy:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are always ways of skirting rules, IE a "DOT" Tire that clearly says "not for highway use" as we all know what it is. Some guy shows up in his weekend toy and you pull your car off a trailer, which hasn't been driven in 6 months and only runs on C16 and say "hey bruh, it's a street car". :lolguy:

Have you ever been to a race that has a true street program (NMCA/NMRA/LSx Shoot Out)?

The rules will be pretty much based on those and will be simple. If you don't think you can run with the big dogs its ok to stay in the yard.

Have you ever been to a race that has a true street program (NMCA/NMRA/LSx Shoot Out)?

The rules will be pretty much based on those and will be simple. If you don't think you can run with the big dogs its ok to stay in the yard.

This.

Jones has to realize this isn't an autocross, it's about making power and getting the car down the track. To run a competitive car on something short of a drag radial would be very dangerous.

competitive car on something short of a drag radial would be very dangerous.

Probably why those tires say "not for highway use". Ya know, street tires.:gabe:

They put them on cars for drag racing, not "street use".

Doesn't bother me either way, I'm not ever going to be competitive in "drag racing", it's just funny to an outsider.

Will there be a Short Bus? :gabe:

Call out. Elliot vs. Cleetus. Full throttle 3rd gear for 1/4 mile? Hope everyone has an extra 20 minutes to spare. :lol:

It's been a long time since I was the top of that heap in my '01 Maxima, but I'd be happy to list Cleetus...

Been a long time since I was at the bottom with the Tercel.

Im in-hopefully with some On3 hairdryers for motivation

Got your text, emailing you back

I think what has been discussed would be cool, a true street style race at a track day.

What I think would be neat as well is if we put together some sort of list though like we used to have. I just think something like that might bring some fun back into local racing.

Maybe come up with 2 lists, somewhat of an all out street car list and maybe something more along the lines of 10+ street car list. I think both need to be held to street cars like Dan has expressed, titled, valid registration, insurance, blah, blah, blah. Thats just me rambling but if a few of us put our heads together and come up with something, this could be fun. Then have some good old fashion callout and racing for the top 10 or 20 spots. Not just a cruse and time average

After the dates are set for our track days there are plans to bring back some of "the lists".

No excuses, no bullshit, bring your junk to the track or go sit in the kitchen with the rest of the women :fuckyeah:

Can we arrange races on the back 1/8th? :p

If the turnout is good I have no problem driving my car to track if that's what makes it pass the street car staple. As long as the car does not have a 25.5 plus cage, has all working street equipment and tags and insured that should be fine

Dan, you and I have different definitions of the term "street car".

What about AWD garage queens that aren't allowed to see snow? :D

I think the driving in the rain stuff is a bit much, but driving your car to the track is a must for street class. We can't all just tell our gf to "hit this button and just floor it". Some will have to drive when they are at the track also :)

I think the driving in the rain stuff is a bit much, but driving your car to the track is a must for street class. We can't all just tell our gf to "hit this button and just floor it". Some will have to drive when they are at the track also :)

My cars are all street-able and get driven plenty around down and weekend cruses. When it comes to racing though, if Im doing 2 hours away to edgewater, Im certainly not going to drive the car there. I have 2 trailers sitting here and would not risk breaking. Any of my cars would make it but its not practical. Not to mention if something does break, your screwed. I rarely drive my cars to the track

My cars are all street-able and get driven plenty around down and weekend cruses. When it comes to racing though, if Im doing 2 hours away to edgewater, Im certainly not going to drive the car there. I have 2 trailers sitting here and would not risk breaking. Any of my cars would make it but its not practical. Not to mention if something does break, your screwed. I rarely drive my cars to the track

That makes sense and I'd do the same. Was thinking more for local people. But if a rule applied to me not being able to trailer my car there, then I wouldn't include myself in that class.

Agreed , I would prefer to have my trailer with me but if the rules dictate I can drive it to track no problems. I think a simple registration, insurance and working lights works fine. Just mirror nmca rules or Friday night lights at Kilkare

That is going to be the plan for the True Street Shootout

Id say if a number of people want to trailer their car to the track we should do a 30 mile cruise. Everyone fill up their tanks before we leave for the cruise and you cannot refill anything until you are knocked out of the racing or win the whole event.

I'm not sure if it will be a full 30 mile cruise, but it will be enough to keep the race cars out.

The rules will be very close if not directly the NMCA True Street rules, except unlike *some* of the NMCA races these rules will be enforced.

After I get back from the race in GA next week I'm going to really start cranking on this and hopefully we will have hard dates for the track days as well.

Bottom line is this will seperate they keyboard tough guys and facebook fast people from those who actually do work.

If one were so inclined, one could drive a rail car on the street. That doesn't make it a street car.

You can make them street legal and get plates for them, I've seen altereds do it.

People tend to get really butthurt over the words "street car" it seems. A street car is just that, something that can get tags and be insured to drive on the street.

Now, how WELL your car drives on the street is up to you. That is why True Street has the cruise, that keeps a "street legal" race car from getting in.

I have seen first hand guys try to sneak something like that into a True Street race and end up getting stuck on the side of the road :lol:

I have seen first hand guys try to sneak something like that into a True Street race and end up getting stuck on the side of the road :lol:

That's funny, I was LOLing in my own mind when I was typing that, thinking about a rail/altered style car driving down the street and not making a turn due to turning radius. :lolguy: