what phone should i get thread

russian rocket

hey guys, here is another thread about which cell phone someone should purchase lol

i currently have a razr maxx thats about to kick the bucket, constantly dropping service. my carrier is Verizon and will not be changing.

i would like a phone that is somewhat comparable to what i have now, i know they have a new razr maxx but when i looked at it, for a lack of better words, felt cheap. not as heavy and nice as my current one.

i would like to stick with android os so that i can transfer my current apps and stuff with out to many problems. i also enjoy the battery life of my phone.

so those who buy new phones every week or keep on top of this stuff, is there anything that you can recommend thats out now, or maybe i should hold off a little longer for something spectacular that maybe coming out.

what Brian said... Galaxy S4 is awesome, but be prepared to buy an extended battery.... S5 was just announced and looks like it's titties and beer! I just upgraded my S4 to a Note 3 and the Note 3 is like titties and jack Daniel's kinda awesome.

I will be having an S4 with protective case and the best extended battery on the market very soon.

Whatever you decide on, check out the prices at Walmart. We picked up my Wife's iPhone 5c in baby blue for $27. It was $100 through Verizon. I also got my Galaxy S3 from there for $100 when it was $200 from Verizon.

Love that BUYING POWER!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

the s4 looks pretty nice but my wife has an s3 and is always sitting on a charger lol

If you disable the 4G, GPS and Bluetooth, the Battery will last days. I leave my Wifi and Bluetooth on, and just charge overnight.

Turn on 4G and GPS when you need it!!

KillJoy

Call Verizon, bitch. Have them note your account eligible for Upgrade. Go to Walmart.

KillJoy

well looks like i have to go to a verizon store, i have less than 30 days til my upgrade and their online sales is trying to sell me their scamtastic edge program lol

If you disable the 4G, GPS and Bluetooth, the Battery will last days. I leave my Wifi and Bluetooth on, and just charge overnight.

Turn on 4G and GPS when you need it!!

KillJoy

You have an issue with your phone then. I leave everything on except blue tooth and gps. Usually listen to Pandora 4 hours a day at work and still have 20 to 30% battery at night. Just charge it over night. Also Power saving mode works nicely and doesn't noticeably slow my phone down either. I've turned off almost all the stock bloat ware that I can without being rooted.

well looks like i have to go to a verizon store, i have less than 30 days til my upgrade and their online sales is trying to sell me their scamtastic edge program lol

Check out best buy they can usually work an early deal and their insurance program is by far the best. No deductible

my next question for you guys is this, can i pull all my info off the phone, mainly contacts, in a powered down state? my phone currently will power up, be fine after full boot for about 45-60 seconds, than it reboots itself. i tried the cache wipe and that didnt help.

Your info isn't stored on the phone (except pics), so yes.

If you can get a tool like CWM or TWRP installed you can prob save your phone. Hop on XDA developers and do some reading!

i have my phone hooked up to my computer and have been transferring as many files over to my computer as i can in case there is something in those files that can be useful. i have very short windows so i dont think i will be able to install anything, especially since it is stuck on airplane mode lol

there is a particular app that i would like to transfer over to the new phone since it is no longer available and can not be had in the version i have. any particular info i can grab off the phone through the method i have been using to save this app?

Get a Moto X. It doesn't look that impressive on paper, but it's about the usability and experience. It's pure Android too, so no bullshit from the OEM's on there...pretty much a Nexus phone. The Moto G also just came out and already it's Motorola's best selling phone, it's just a cheaper version of the X pretty much. Also look at the LG G2.

Your contacts are sync'd with your gmail account. So just log into your new phone and they will come over, the apps you had will also then be installed on your new phone.

Photos are stored on your SD card, so just plug that into your new phone and that's that. Music will also be on your SD card unless you take advantage of Google Music's cloud storage, then it will be there as soon as you sign in with gmail.

Get a Moto X. It doesn't look that impressive on paper, but it's about the usability and experience. It's pure Android too, so no bullshit from the OEM's on there...pretty much a Nexus phone. The Moto G also just came out and already it's Motorola's best selling phone, it's just a cheaper version of the X pretty much. Also look at the LG G2.

Your contacts are sync'd with your gmail account. So just log into your new phone and they will come over, the apps you had will also then be installed on your new phone.

Photos are stored on your SD card, so just plug that into your new phone and that's that. Music will also be on your SD card unless you take advantage of Google Music's cloud storage, then it will be there as soon as you sign in with gmail.

oh sweet, so i have this one app called craigslistnotifca, your saying itll just come over to the new phone with out me transferring it from my old phone?

with my contract about to expire on the 25th with verizon, i stayed up late last night doing research on net10, anyone have objections to them. i hear their customer service blows and you have to buy your own phone, but for unlimited everything for only 60 bucks a month and they will use verizons towers, it seems very tempting...

oh sweet, so i have this one app called craigslistnotifca, your saying itll just come over to the new phone with out me transferring it from my old phone?

Did you get the app off the Play Store? Then yes, if it was sideloaded, then no.

Also, I've seen people with Verizon android phones have some problems with this. I think it's because they add that bullshit Backup Assistant app on there that fucks with it.

i have the note 2 with the 3100mah battery and it lasts a day with normal use, and getting no signal in my office (which drains the battery fast) I have extra batteries i can pop in if needed

i know others with the s4 and they dont have battery issues.

you might hold off for when the s5 gets released.