You have $50,000 to buy a car.

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you here talking about this...get it!

I would probably be on the phone with that dealer asking about that very car (though I probably wouldn't get it; [1] don't like the red stitching and [2] the rear end damage in carfax is a little concerning for resale value), but I'm currently in contract on a house. We are set to close 5/1. After that, I'll revisit the car search in earnest.

I think you should get a c6 base, buy a used built engine, turbo it, and put a widebody on it.

That's just good investing.

The white 997 turbo is top on my list. However, I'll probably test drive C6Z just to see how it compares. As well as a GTR. Those are the top three contenders for my next fun/weekend car.

The white 997 turbo is top on my list. However, I'll probably test drive C6Z just to see how it compares. As well as a GTR. Those are the top three contenders for my next fun/weekend car.

I'd take the 997 or GTR over the C6Z.

C6Z's are too mainstream

I'm inclined to agree. But I have very fond memories of RWD V8's.

The C6Z for me would be a distant third in the rankings going in to the comparison. Where it would get the most points would be price and maintenance.