'14 Dodge Dart

Putty

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you checked out the new fords? Lots of tech. My fully loaded every option focus st3 was less than that and I guarantee loads nicer and more fun. My .02. I do like the blue though.

I guess asking on CR means I need to be buying a race car. It's a 4 banger, so performance clearly isn't a concern. Creature comforts and mpg is what turns me on.

The new Fords are very nice. I really like the fusions.

I guess asking on CR means I need to be buying a race car. It's a 4 banger, so performance clearly isn't a concern. Creature comforts and mpg is what turns me on.

The cars drive like crap. They have a good chassis and engine but Dodge really dropped the ball on the computer. It has bad throttle response, terrible curves, and even worse fuel ratios. The car drives from the factory on the verge of detonation. Not hating on your decision Putty. One way or the other. Dodge has just pooped on the Fiat powerplant.

I'm thinking about getting a new (to me) car next year, I've been looking at the Dart (I get a company discount), used Ford Fusions, and used BMW's. I like the Dart as the gas mileage and price are very attractive, but I think in the end I'm either going to go with an older 3 series or a '10 plus Fusion. Who knows though, I will probably change my mind next week. :fa:

The cars drive like crap. They have a good chassis and engine but Dodge really dropped the ball on the computer. It has bad throttle response, terrible curves, and even worse fuel ratios. The car drives from the factory on the verge of detonation. Not hating on your decision Putty. One way or the other. Dodge has just pooped on the Fiat powerplant.

It think you are referring to the 1.4 turbo, but I think he's looking at a 2.4L GT, which also has a retuned suspension.

I have to agree that for the money (comparing new car MSRP's) the Dart offers a lot of features and a nicer interior than the competetion. I haven't driven one but I have sat in and played with a few. The UConnect is routinely reviewed as the best infotainment interface in the industry and there are apps being released.

I say buy what you think fits your needs best. It's not fast but gets decent mileage and offers a lot of features. If I were buying a Dart I would probably try for a 1.4T manual, but in '14 you can only get this in the Aero, so the 2.4L with GT suspension would probably happen by default.