want to cut back on pop

The_buster

I have lost some weight now want to lose more by cutting back the amount of pop I drink. What are other ways to get caffeine that isn't tea? I can't stand the taste of tea. If I don't have any caffeine for even one day I'm irritable and have headaches.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lost some weight now want to lose more by cutting back the amount of pop I drink. What are other ways to get caffeine that isn't tea? I can't stand the taste of tea. If I don't have any caffeine for even one day I'm irritable and have headaches.

There's Mio energy that is caffeinated. Personally I avoid it because I don't like adding chemicals to my diet, but if it gets you to drink more water and less pop then I say go for it. Use it like a nicotine patch. Wean yourself off caffeine until you can drink straight water.

I also like sparkling water, stuff like Pellegrino or La Croix. It really satisfies me whenever I crave carbonation.

that's because you are addicted

Bingo. The tat don't lie.

I did this a couple years ago. Drank a ton of Mt. Dew. Switched to consuming 1/2 my body weights worth of water (in ounces) and haven't looked back. The first few days will be rough. Headaches and such. It's the addiction. Like anything else, don't look to replace it with other chemicals. That won't solve anything. Just down water and tough it out. That's my advice anyway.

If you want a natural caffeine fix there are many out there. Coffee is my fav. Add a little honey and you're good to go.

I like the Avitae idea. thanks.

I've lost about 25lbs, and fluctuate between 215 and 210. But I still have the gut and man boobs. so I'm cutting back pop. Also I overheat easily in the summer so Im hoping that drinking more water will help that. I've always been that way since t-ball though.

not a fan of the pill aspect but do you have any experience with those?

I'd avoid pills. Just using something like Mio Energy or caffeinated Crystal Lites to help you cut back. Those will both help get you into the habit of drinking water. Eventually drop the water "enhancers" all together.

Moderate amounts of Cocaine: best of both worlds

I've lost about 25lbs, and fluctuate between 215 and 210. But I still have the gut and man boobs. so I'm cutting back pop. Also I overheat easily in the summer so Im hoping that drinking more water will help that. I've always been that way since t-ball though.

I drink (Kiwi Strawberry) Propel Water by the case (like $7.00 @ Walmart). It's the best Bottled Water you can buy IMO. Add in a single crushed Caffeine pill if you want an extra kick.

If your lifting, try adding a prework out (No Xplode, SuperPump, ect..) they have good amounts of caffine in the serving. I am the same way with headaches. The serving of it before my work out holds me out till the next day.

I've recently cut back on POP myself. Coke is the nectar of the gods for me, I use to sit down at dinner and had 3 Cans of Coke gone before they broke a sweat. I've never considered my self addicted to Coke, I just never cared to really drink anything else. Water would never quinch my thirst like a cold can of Coke. It was nothing for me to have 5+ cans a days easy.

I've now limited myself to 1 glass of Coke a day, No refills. I've lost some weight but still looking for more. In it's place I'll drink water or have a Fuze 0 calorie fruit drink.