To buy a car or not to buy a car, that is the question

ghost1647545489

I keep going back and not sure what I want to do. Do I trade in my Boxster and get a new STI? I like both the 2014 and 2015 style, I had a 2006 sti and have missed it every since i got rid of it. They have a limited 2014 instock with everything but nav, or should I just order a 2015? Again I just think I could get a good deal on the 2014. Each day I want it or I want to just keep my Boxster with 52k miles on it. I just can't decide. I don't go racing or anything I just enjoy driving the cars I have. I don't need to compete with anyone else. Just wanted to see what people can give me advice wise.

Thanks

Tony

Are you wanting a 5 door or 4 door? As far as deals go, Subaru is not making a 5 door for 2015 so not really any deals on the remaining 5 doors that are out there. The 2015 model is much stiffer than previous models and they are also bringing a CVT auto to the lineup. 2015 STI keeps the same engine as 2014. The WRX gets the new 2.0 turbo engine. I work at Byers Dublin Subaru if you want to look at one. Don't want to step on anyone's toes if you are already working with someone or know someone.

great feed back guys, the tribeca cant be replaced my wife needs the room for work. I still enjoy my boxster but miss my STI. Brian thanks, I am good Friends with Mark, Keith and Tim. But if I need further help I will let you know, I just emailed Keith today about it.

Bad part is I know they will try and hammer me on my trade, seeing how its old.

I'm probably the minority here but I would take a regular 2015 WRX over a 2014 STI, there are just so many improvements.

I agree fully. Now, between the new 2015 WRX and 2015 STi, I'm still tempted to say WRX if it's only for daily driving and back roads. Though, you'll miss out on a few gizmos. Also, the STi's drivetrain is a bit more proven since it's been around longer, although I really don't know if that'll equate to better reliability compared to the newly boosted 2.0. That's the kind of fun research you get to perform when looking for a new car. :-) Fun to me, anyway.

I am thinking 2015 STI if they will give me enough for my trade, thanks guys. They are so good looking, I can't stop looking at them online. This car will get about 5k miles a year probably like the boxster does now. We will see what they say about my trade in this weekend

If you're looking at a garage queen anyway, the Boxster will lose value slower than an STi. Judging from Steve-o's comment, I don't think he's driven one. I'd keep it.

If you drive it often, go with the STi. It's more forgiving for daily driving duties.

Having never driven a Boxster, I would still keep it. I don't see what all the fuss is about a Subaru, it just isn't my cup of tea. I mean wow an Impreza with a turbo, some supension upgrades, and other gagets to play with, because until rally cross gets popular around here or I get hard up for a decent snow toy, the Subaru doesn't even make my list of potential buys. I might understand if we were talking BRZ which is much more fun to drive then a WRX/STi.