These Threads are fun. What should I buy

AudiOn19s

E92 335is? At least $10G's cheaper than the M3, but makes more power in the very same chassis with a $450 piggyback. Gets ~30MPG too.

I'm willing to trade wrenches turned for panels polished. ;)

Edited by JaSSon

Oh and another reason why the cayenne wins... you cant bang your wife in the back seat of a m3 or 997 for a road side quickie...

M3 has a sunroof (insert that movie with charlie sheen and buffy vampire slayer chick). Id go m3 for her and take the extra $ and get you a truck. Think the cayenne would get old and harder to sell down the road if you were to sell.

M3

...tow around one Porsche with another Porsche? Check the box labeled awesome.

Valid Point.

Oh and another reason why the cayenne wins... you cant bang your wife in the back seat of a m3 or 997 for a road side quickie...

I've got an E92. I beg to differ :D

Get that no LSD having non M beater out of this discussion.

Mine has :D

One of the lucky early ones that didn't have to replace the whole thing (welded)?

Mine has a Quaiffe. Newer ones have welded diffs. The whole thing doesn't need replaced, but there's some serious grinding. A 2011+ 335is would have an e-LSD, which from what I hear is very nearly as good.

Andy,

I'm "DAS V8" with the straight-piped E92. Let me know if you'd like to check out my car and I'm happy to talk rod bearings, I have blackstone oil reports from my last 3 oil changes and I'm currently at 78k on my 2008. I have no worries about my motor turning into a $25k paperweight.

-Eric

rod bearings? I didn't realize that was a problem on the S65 also.... I know the E46 M3 had rod bearing problems.... Is that a common thing?

which oil are you using though?

rod bearings? I didn't realize that was a problem on the S65 also.... I know the E46 M3 had rod bearing problems.... Is that a common thing?

which oil are you using though?

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880264&highlight=bearings

Not that common and failure usually comes from 2 camps, either SC'd or low mileage garage queens. But a new S65 is around $25k so still something to monitor.

I'm running LubiMoly 10w60.

Call me sexist, but I like my wife behind the wheel of an SUV. Because when she goes all woman and drives through some shit I want her surrounded by as much metal and mass as possible.

The inverse argument would be that it's incredibly selfish to put a woman behind the wheel of an SUV like that thereby endangering the lives of everyone else on the road.

It'd be like using your grandmother's PC (you know, with the AskJeeves search bar installed) to control a space shuttle launch. It might go well for a minute, but pretty soon something important is gonna be on fire.

The inverse argument would be that it's incredibly selfish to put a woman behind the wheel of an SUV like that thereby endangering the lives of everyone else on the road.

That argument would be compelling if I cared about everyone else on the road.

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed that a certain slate gray 997TT is not longer for sale at Toy Barn...coincidence?

Ha. After I carried on at cars and coffee that I couldn't justify the price delta over an M3????

Yeah we have a deposit on that slate gray car pending an inspection.

Ha. After I carried on at cars and coffee that I couldn't justify the price delta over an M3????

Yeah we have a deposit on that slate gray car pending an inspection.

Excellent!!!

Thank you to Eric (EC E92) for the E92 ride at cars and coffee this morning. I really really appreciate it

Have a deal done on something as of this afternoon pending PPI Monday.

It's not an M3

:no: If I get a SC can we be friends?

Congrats on the decision, the downlow TQ will probably be much better for a DD and the 997TT is much better looking than the E92!