Big CR Track Day Announcement #1

wagner

Well, I will still be going with my car.....just not driving it. have a volunteer for that :)

I will be spectating and riding along for the true street cruise.

Great! Spread the word and let people know. We still need to get about 30 more cars signed up to prevent future issues.

will it be ready for track day? I really want to see that thing make a pass!! Sounded nasty at CC&C

That is the plan. I have 2 more bolts and the blown up transmission is ready to come out. Hopefully by lunch time the working transmission will be back in the car and I can start hooking everything back up.

will it be ready for track day? I really want to see that thing make a pass!! Sounded nasty at CC&C

That is the plan. I have 2 more bolts and the blown up transmission is ready to come out. Hopefully by lunch time the working transmission will be back in the car and I can start hooking everything back up.

The original transmission is back in the car. Still need to run through the torque converter bolts and install the safety shield, but it's close to being back together.

The post mortem on the busted transmission is that I'm a complete dumbass. My best guess is there was very little wrong with the transmission. Because of the tiny (and I mean really fucking tiny) leak at the cooler line fitting, we took the safety shield off. It was going to be easier to address the problem without the shield, and it would be reinstalled before going to the track. Since there is no NHRA inspection at Brian's I figured I'd get away without it. We noticed today that 2 of the 3 bolts that hold those parts together run through the shield. We removed the two bolts to remove the shield leaving only one bolt holding things together. When I shifted into first at idle with only one bolt holding shit together it failed. It was completely my fault and looks like I'll have to pick up another transmission case to replace the broken one.

The original transmission is back in the car. Still need to run through the torque converter bolts and install the safety shield, but it's close to being back together.

The post mortem on the busted transmission is that I'm a complete dumbass. My best guess is there was very little wrong with the transmission. Because of the tiny (and I mean really fucking tiny) leak at the cooler line fitting, we took the safety shield off. It was going to be easier to address the problem without the shield, and it would be reinstalled before going to the track. Since there is no NHRA inspection at Brian's I figured I'd get away without it. We noticed today that 2 of the 3 bolts that hold those parts together run through the shield. We removed the two bolts to remove the shield leaving only one bolt holding things together. When I shifted into first at idle with only one bolt holding shit together it failed. It was completely my fault and looks like I'll have to pick up another transmission case to replace the broken one.

Well that make sense, sucks to learn your lessons that way.

well damn that sucks!! Sorry to hear that, but you live and learn. Glad to hear it will be at the track!