engine and trans, what are they worth?

pontiacfreak142

Im just asking for right now, nothing may come of it, but im curious as to what you guys think these might be worth.

The engine:

383 stroker

95 2 bolt main block

.030 over

eagle cast stroker crank

eagle forged I beam rods

the pistons i cannot for the life of me remember the name of bought them off my neighbor, said they were some $900 set, i did lookat the manufacturers web site and that did seem to be about right. All i can remember is they are 10.5:1 compression and forged (if i do decide to sell, will take the pan off and see if i can, names on the underside of the piston)

Fairly mild comp cam (if i remember right, like .530-.540 @113 lsa) - this also with 1.6 rockers, but i believe i have 1.8's.

pro comp aluminum "gen 3" heads. 2.02 intake 1.60 exaust, 190 cc heads.

1.8 proform rockers

victor jr intake manifold

1 7/8 stainless long tubes (bought em off a member on here, not sure of brand)

Also have A double roller timing chain, cover, summit racing "383 stroker" valve covers.

The transmission:

honestly, i dont much about it. Bought it from a friend that had it built by hard shift in johnstown. Its a turbo 350 and has a full manual valve body.

Let me know what you guys think. Ill try to see if i can figure out exactly what pistons are in it and exact cam specs.

Maybe $3,000 for the motor and $400 for the trans since you know nothing about it.

I think since he doesn't have some reputable engine builder name on it, he'd have a hard time selling it for a decent price. So I would expect to actually get cheaper. Just my 2 cents, just put the damn thing in the car rather then take a bath on it.

I think since he doesn't have some reputable engine builder name on it, he'd have a hard time selling it for a decent price. So I would expect to actually get cheaper. Just my 2 cents, just put the damn thing in the car rather then take a bath on it.

I'd say you would honestly get close to $1500 for the motor with no paperwork etc and no way to hear it actually run

These guys speak the truth. Even engines from a good builder are hard to sell if they aren't already in a car and people can see them working. Plus you have things like this out there: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-383-STROKER-ENGINE-GM-HEADS-STREET-PERFORMANCE-FREE-SHIPPING-SPECIAL-/181370988500?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a3a8da7d4&vxp=mtr

383 for $1950 (OBO even) with a "TWO YEAR 30,000 MILE WARRANTY".

Honestly, I'd say you'd be lucky to get $1000 for it especially with the SBC fading and 5.3L LS motors being so cheap. The LS platform is the new SBC.