LED lighting deal

JaSSon

Home Depots around Central Ohio have Cree 60W equilivant (9.5W actual) LED light bulbs for $4.97 each. 800 lumen rating, 9.5W power consumption, 2700k color (soft white, there's not a bothersome yellow color), CRI 80, Average life 25,000 hours or 22 years of typical usage, DIMMABLE (there is a very slight buzzing when using a non-digital dimmer). I bought 10 of these. According to a light meter app these generate more light than a 15W 800 lumen rated CFL.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cree-60W-Equivalent-Soft-White-2700K-A19-Dimmable-LED-Light-Bulb-BA19-08027OMF-12DE26-2U100/204592770?N=5yc1vZbm79Zbol

I bought online for store pickup, and used an e-giftcard that I ordered from Cardpool.com to save an additional 6.5%.

Pricing varies outside of the Columbus area. Could be more, could be less.

Damn that is a good deal, I've been running this same bulb for a while now and they produce excellent light and I've never had one problem with them. Even the one I have in a closet that the glass is broken on still works just fine. The globe is glass on these but it has a coating of rubber over it so other than being able to see the broken glass under the rubber it still works just fine.

The Canal Winchester pickup location shows price as $9.97

Brice Rd shows $4.97

So buy them at brice road! I replaced the CFLs in the bathroom yesterday, and I nearly blinded myself this morning. Significantly more light output than a higher wattage CFL.

So buy them at brice road! I replaced the CFLs in the bathroom yesterday, and I nearly blinded myself this morning. Significantly more light output than a higher wattage CFL.

I considered that, but it just bought a 4 pack of CFL 13w (825 lumen) for $0.88. It will still take many years to make up the difference in price.

It's going to be hard to sway me from CFL when a pack of four 13W bulbs is only 25c at Costco.

I find myself replacing an awful lot of CFLs. I don't get anywhere near their advertised life. I've replaced 3 dead CFLs in about the last week and a half.

I picked up a bunch of these yesterday at the Dublin location... after installing the bulbs, they are quite yellow which reminds me of incadacent bulbs... I've been used to that bright white style bulb so it's taking some getting used to, but for the power savings and life extension, I'll get used to it.

I picked up a bunch of these yesterday at the Dublin location... after installing the bulbs, they are quite yellow which reminds me of incadacent bulbs... I've been used to that bright white style bulb so it's taking some getting used to, but for the power savings and life extension, I'll get used to it.

The exact same 60w cree bulb is available in a "daylight" color temperature also which is the bright white you're referring to. It does not have the "blue" tint that a lot of fluorescents do however.