1987 Acura Integra SE - my "new" ride

bucd

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop it. You stop it right now. You shouldn't be allowed another Cleetus for suggesting that.

Why not? If the car is 25+ years old, you pay $27 one time and not have to reregister until 2044 or something. :fuckyeah:

After talking to CPD, UAPD...no one will pull you over for historical tags unless you're being a total arse otherwise. If you did get pulled over, you just say that you're going to a "Club" meeting. (That's part of the affidavit you sign). No cop's gonna follow you all day as you go to work just to verify you're going to Der Dutchman in the evening to meet with other classic Acura owners. :lol:

I think i may have missed a thread. So before I do something wrong. I PMed ya instead. :)

-D

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114675

Cooler heads prevail today. :D

Why not? If the car is 25+ years old, you pay $27 one time and not have to reregister until 2044 or something. :fuckyeah:

After talking to CPD, UAPD...no one will pull you over for historical tags unless you're being a total arse otherwise. If you did get pulled over, you just say that you're going to a "Club" meeting. (That's part of the affidavit you sign). No cop's gonna follow you all day as you go to work just to verify you're going to Der Dutchman in the evening to meet with other classic Acura owners. :lol:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114675

Cooler heads prevail today. :D

Sorry for being classless :( :fa:

Sorry for being classless :( :fa:

I think it's a legitimate question to ask, Grrg. If you look at my thread when I picked up my BMW, I mentioned exactly what I paid because I'd want to know as well, and I was comfortable with the purchase price.

I would ask the question myself to others, only in-person, and if I feel the conversation is going that way. The people that don't mind sharing purchase price still probably feel odd doing it over an internet forum, and understand market value is a good thing.

I think it's a legitimate question to ask, Grrg. If you look at my thread when I picked up my BMW, I mentioned exactly what I paid because I'd want to know as well, and I was comfortable with the purchase price.

I would ask the question myself to others, only in-person, and if I feel the conversation is going that way. The people that don't mind sharing purchase price still probably feel odd doing it over an internet forum, and understand market value is a good thing.

honestly i was more interested in the shipping costs since that is a mystery to me. always wonder if its cheaper to buy a 1 way ticket and drive it back, or just pay to have it shipped.

honestly i was more interested in the shipping costs since that is a mystery to me. always wonder if its cheaper to buy a 1 way ticket and drive it back, or just pay to have it shipped.

I didn't break it down for you. But shipping from CA to OH was $800.

I signed up at uship.com. I don't recomend doing this unless you have a temp phone number to use. I've gotten so much calls from unknown numbers since i did this with them asking for someone that i don't know or just hanging up after you pick up.

Got at least 20 shipping companies either emailed or voicemail. But price range went over $1k at some places. Cheapest was $775, but reviews weren't the greatest. These guys just handles the front end, they sub contract to whatever shippers available at the time. So it's not always the same shipper even if you use the same company.

-D

I didn't break it down for you. But shipping from CA to OH was $800.

I signed up at uship.com. I don't recomend doing this unless you have a temp phone number to use. I've gotten so much calls from unknown numbers since i did this with them asking for someone that i don't know or just hanging up after you pick up.

Got at least 20 shipping companies either emailed or voicemail. But price range went over $1k at some places. Cheapest was $775, but reviews weren't the greatest. These guys just handles the front end, they sub contract to whatever shippers available at the time. So it's not always the same shipper even if you use the same company.

-D

awesome! Good info to know about Uship too.

My first car (and my wifes', ironically) was a Suzuki Samurai. Would love to grab one but off-roaders are driving the market up waaaaay too much on them.

Paul, your question is not legitimate if you didn't read the first post:

A little back story on why i picked this up:

I had a 1987 Integra RS for my first car. Just remember wanting to get my first car back, even though not the coolest thing in the world.

Even if you did read it, I'm going on a limb that he's not going to sell it because of your lack of comprehension around his purchase.

Edited by zeitgeist57

HAHA...that's why i love coming here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Just as long as we are all having fun, that's all it matters. It may be a POS to one person but Super Duper Awesome to another. I'm having a blast so far and it's alot of fun. :)

I ordered plates for this car and hopefully it goes through:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2efixjs.png

WOOT WOOT!

thanks everyone for comments, good or bad! :)

-D

• Upvote 1

Ok ill bite, why would some one go out of there way for a old Econo pos?

Is this some like "collector" car or am I missing something? Clean or not I don't see the point I guess.

If you had read the original post, you fucking illiterate baboon, then you would see that his first car was an 87 Integra and he wanted another one to bring back the memories.

:dumb:

87 Integra > New boring Accord

Nostalgic. I get it. I'd get another Tercel before I'd get my actual first car...although these things DO bring back memories.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2320/1221/30798110001_large.jpg?v=1

My brother had a corolla FX16.

-D

Ok ill bite, why would some one go out of there way for a old Econo pos?

Is this some like "collector" car or am I missing something? Clean or not I don't see the point I guess.

Always nice to see a mod shitting in a thread.

Not shitting, legit question.

It may be a "legitimate" question, but when you call someone's new purchase a POS it turns into shitting in OP's thread. If I'm not mistaken I said something recently about your POS Accord and you took offense.

And just in case that wasn't you I said drove a POS Accord I am now.