Some new photos

Rocky31186

Figured since this thread is dying, I would add a few of my recent photos.

I dont have much free time to take photos anymore, so I've been learning how to take photos of my son who runs 100mph.

[/url]

Same here. The vast majority of what I shoot now-a-days is my kids and/or their friends.

Nice pics!

Jeff

WHere was that second picture taken and how do i get there??!

Ummm, just look at what's in the background and that will tell you exactly where it is.

It's behind COSI on the other side of the river from downtown, looking across the river at downtown.

Same here. The vast majority of what I shoot now-a-days is my kids and/or their friends.

Nice pics!

Jeff

Thanks, do you have any tips on children? Low light / fast moving objects I just cant figure it out.. Its always blurry it seems.

Those are great Rocky! I really like the one of your son at the end.....I know that feeling as it relates to more than chocolate. :o That's worth captioning....at first I was like....then I was like....haha!

Thanks, the chocolate wasted picture really cracked me up when I loaded the photos.

Love this pic, I need to have you or wags show me how to do stuff like this sometime!

Thank you.

Yeah for sure, getting a group of us together to learn from each other would be a blast.. I will be heading back there in a couple weeks to take some photos of a car.

When I first started doing long exposure night shots they looked horrible.. There is alot more to it than I thought. My goal with these shots was to get the buildings crisp. It seemed everything was always just out of focus.

WHere was that second picture taken and how do i get there??!

EDIT, I didnt know it was called genoa park. Yes thats the area.

Have you been to the COSI weigh scale? It is on that side street. From there you will see the other 2 bridge spots.

I have seen a few photos from the rail road bridge to get a further away view, but I am not dumb enough to walk those rail road tracks..

Thanks, do you have any tips on children? Low light / fast moving objects I just cant figure it out.. Its always blurry it seems.

My camera isn't fast (FPS) but it is great in low-light (IE: Inside the house). My favs of my kids are always of the non "Staged" variety. Get down at their level and let them play and catch natural laughs / smiles / etc. I love shooting at f/1.4 -2.0 (Depending on the lens) but with that shallow depth-of-field there are far more misses than hits :)

Jeff

Low light/higher speed is best frozen by a flash of course, but if thats not an option, the next best tools are wide apertures and higher ISO's. DoF is an issue so I choose higher ISO most of the time.

Nailing focus just takes practice. I've got over 70,000 photos between my main and secondary cameras. I can tell you there is a marked improvement after the first 7,000-10,000 in both keeper rate and composition.

Another tip, you might try manually selecting daylight white balance in some night skyline scenes to get a true to life color. Sometimes the lights and the sky color can play havoc with the automated setting.