Garage repair??

Putty

They sell replacement part at Home Depot or lowes to fix it yourself. I did mine and it wasn't bad. I believe you install it with the door open so there isn't much tension on the spring.

Oh, and I know that shit was loud

Thanks!! Sounded like someone threw something at the door. I said "WTF"!!!!

Take tension off other side by carefully unwinding the spring. Best thing is to replace both springs. Rewind new springs carefully. Alot of tension on the springsyou just have to watch yourself. You will need to pieces of bar to wind/unwind spring.

You know...I don't feel comfortable dicking with it. I'll just hire someone to rip my ass off.

Deyo Garage Doors 891-2663

Tom

Thanks!

We have a CR member who does garage doors. His name is Brent Carpenter, nickname is brent1976. He modified my garage door when I needed the door to be rerouted much closer to the ceiling so it clears a car on my lift. He also changed the opener to jackshaft drive.

i had a guy from craigslist come out a couple weeks ago when i ran my bike into the garage. charged me like $80 to retension the springs and adjust a couple other things. door works again.

614-325-0324

i cant remember his name honestly. lol. i'd have to see if i can find his card. just say i referred you for garage door repair.

• Upvote 1

had mine done a couple years ago. I almost done it myself but the risk of death is there and it was like $100 or so. I bit the bullet and paid someone else to risk their life to do it. My door had a sticker on it put there by the people that installed it so I just called them.

i had a guy from craigslist come out a couple weeks ago when i ran my bike into the garage. charged me like $80 to retension the springs and adjust a couple other things. door works again.

614-325-0324

i cant remember his name honestly. lol. i'd have to see if i can find his card. just say i referred you for garage door repair.

I called him and he said my builder went cheap by putting only one spring on. He said he'd come and put two on since that's what's needed for a 2-car door and charge me $120. He's coming this afternoon.

Thanks, Evan!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

614-325-0324

BUMP because I called this guy (Charlie) and he took a call at nearly 8pm even. Sounded like he's going to work out really well for what I need.

Edited by TTQ B4U

an ex gf and her current boyfriend tried to change her door spring and they both ended up in the hospital. It's one of the few repairs that I don't mind paying someone else to do.

I remember "helping" my dad replacing and re-tensioning one of these springs in a pinch when I was 16 years old or so. I did most of it with dad's "direction" because he was all doped on on pain meds from a dental surgery, so he was all mumbly and glazed over while guiding me. Needless to say it was terrifying, but I lived.

BUMP because I called this guy (Charlie) and he took a call at nearly 8pm even. Sounded like he's going to work out really well for what I need.

He took care of my garage as well. Nice guy

I had one break too, scary as fuck.

Those springs are under some serious tension. Lol at "the risk of death is there"...it really is, I'll pay $100 to risk that any day.

Mine broke and sounded like someone threw a brick at my door. Repair guy told me you cannot even buy replacement springs anymore due to danger involved.