round 2 introduction thread

coopcj7

Gotta try this again

New to racing not to cars. Been building and restoring cats for 20 years.

My ride

2007 Saturn Sky

383 SBC

700r4

CTS V 3.23 differential

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z148/coopcj7/Mobile%20Uploads/20140504_182608_zpsnhuuzqr_edit_1399846393047_zps2pyvhpsl.jpg"]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z148/coopcj7/Mobile%20Uploads/20140504_182608_zpsnhuuzqr_edit_1399846393047_zps2pyvhpsl.jpg[/url]

• Upvote 4

Gotta try this again

My ride

2007 Saturn Sky

383 SBC

700r4

CTS V 3.23 differential

Welcome and very cool car. My only question is how many cats have you restored over the last 20 years? :)

What's the story behind the conversion?

Always wanted a V8 in the sky knew that when I bought it new back in 2006. I turbo'd the factory 2.4 blew it when a pressure hose came off and over pressured the engine. Knew it was time for my swap and so it began

Gotta try this again

My ride

2007 Saturn Sky

383 SBC

700r4

CTS V 3.23 differential

Welcome and very cool car. My only question is how many cats have you restored over the last 20 years? :)

Lots of cats when they die I try to convince my wife to let me stuff them and mount them so it's like they never left..... thanks for pointing that out

Always wanted a V8 in the sky knew that when I bought it new back in 2006. I turbo'd the factory 2.4 blew it when a pressure hose came off and over pressured the engine. Knew it was time for my swap and so it began

So it started life as a naturally-aspirated Kappa. Was it also an automatic?

So it started life as a naturally-aspirated Kappa. Was it also an automatic?

It started out as a 5 speed. I switched to the auto for 2 reasons. This car is my daily driver and plus I already had a transmission laying around. My daily commute is about 135 miles a day and a lot of that in city traffic. I was wearing out the clutches every 30-40k miles. Got tired real quick dropping the tranny for clutch changes built a strong 700r4 to handle the power supply far no issues

• Casper unlocked this topic