fuel additive?

DSM1290

I have pondered this question for sometime now. With fuel additives (Lucas, Gumot, STP) they say treats up to 21 gallons or what not.

My question is what happens if you only have a few gallons in the tank. I see it would have to work one of two ways. Either you are getting a concentrated form of the additive and in theory should work better. Or the additive is not getting a chance to mix properly and you are not getting your money's worth,

So what does everyone else think?

They are giving you a dilution of up to 21 gallons. I'd personally go with a full tank when using one as it will be a much longer exposure and should do a better job that way. I'd imagine that the "higher concentration" from less gas in the tank wouldn't be as beneficial due to less exposure time. they list up to 21 gallons as that most likely equals their "prime" concentration/exposure for the additive to do its job properly. it would be one thing if you were spraying the additive onto the internals and letting it rest, but that's not how its working. of course, that's just my opinion.

Well seeing as most of that shit is a waste of money, if the cleaners are any good high concentrations of it will eat at the coating on the inside of the gas tank. Using quality fuel is 10x better then most of the crap sold at auto parts stores.

I used to run ½ a can of Seafoam in 5 gallons on my Ninja when I had it.

I also ran ¼ can in my dirt bike fuel (which was 93+ with 40:1 premix)

To high of a concentration the stuff will separate from the fuel, sink to the bottom and well ...engines won't run on it.