New DD

Bogie89

Well I finally got back into something fun and enjoyable to drive. I got a pretty good offer for my truck so I traded it in and got a 2014 Mustang GT. It's kind of rough going from every bell and whistle to base package Mustang but my buddies talked me out if premium package because I never leave anything alone and change so much stuff. I had it for a day and under 300 miles I had it up on the Rollers to get some baseline numbers from Dyno Brian. It pulled 360 hp and 348 tq. That same day I ordered Stainless Works Power 1-7/8th headers, Roush Axle back, SCT X4, JLT CAI and Boss 302 intake. Suspension comes in a week or 2. I have some big plans for this car later on so stay tuned enjoy the build thread I'll make later. But enough rambling here's some pictures.

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o721/Bogey1989/Mobile%20Uploads/PhotoGrid_1401223850362_zps8ebcdij8.jpg

I had it on Craigslist, SVTP and on BuckeyeStangs.

Yeah I liked the truck but it was boring. I'll own another after the Mustang is paid off. I have only a 3" MBRP exhaust for it left.

I had it on Craigslist, SVTP and on BuckeyeStangs.

Yeah I liked the truck but it was boring. I'll own another after the Mustang is paid off. I have only a 3" MBRP exhaust for it left.

I hear ya. I've got a focus st for fun so I can understand the thought. The truck is just so easy to drive and I've got a boat and camper so need a tow vehicle regardless. Enjoy the mustang, I drove it back to back with the focus when deciding which to get and it definitely can be fun.

Prob on CL.

Why was it boring? Did you have it tuned? Looks like a great truck to me. I love dads ecoboost and it's stock.

Just not as fun as a Mustang. It was tuned and had a lot of stuff done to it. Just not my cup of tea.

The Boss intake voids your warranty, fyi.

I plan for a twin or single turbo setup long before the warranty is up. I'd worry about that over an intake :dumb:. Lol. Also the custom tune voided the warranty under 500 miles also ;)

I plan for a twin or single turbo setup long before the warranty is up. I'd worry about that over an intake :dumb:. Lol. Also the custom tune voided the warranty under 500 miles also ;)

He's just jelly.

He's just jelly.

I think he was just trying to be informational. But as seen by my Ecoboost I'm not one to wait for warranties to expire. I prefer to enjoy the car now and if it breaks I'll fix it. Not to mention if this engine goes I have an excuse to buy the Aluminator engine ;)

The Boss intake voids your warranty, fyi.

How can they void a warranty without cause? One, there's no damage yet to void coverage of and two, don't they have to prove the intake lead to the damage? I smell a legal issue brewing if it's not already.

The one service writer dick at Byers tried saying crap like that to me when I went in there once for a recall issue but quickly shut up once he found out it was a hot button of mine too.

Thanks guys. Yeah Brian that was pretty good time. These things are much more impressive than their counter parts. Can't wait till its boosted. (Can't wait till its over 1k miles also haha)

How can they void a warranty without cause? One, there's no damage yet to void coverage of and two, don't they have to prove the intake lead to the damage? I smell a legal issue brewing if it's not already.

The one service writer dick at Byers tried saying crap like that to me when I went in there once for a recall issue but quickly shut up once he found out it was a hot button of mine too.

Pretty sure a dealer can refuse to perform warranty work on any car, regardless of the reason.

I just learned about it recently and find it funny because it's a stock Ford part.. Also funny that a Roush blower does not void it.

I think Roush parts are not warrantied by Ford, but by Roush.

I just learned about it recently and find it funny because it's a stock Ford part.. Also funny that a Roush blower does not void it.

Roush provides the power train warranty if you buy it from them and pay extra for the warranty. But from being ASE Certified at one point and going through the Ford YES program they have to provide the evidence that the intake caused the issue. But then the Ford Engineers get a hold of your ECU and seen it has been flashed and they void it then.

Pretty sure a dealer can refuse to perform warranty work on any car, regardless of the reason.

They can refuse to perform warranty work, but they can't actually "VOID" a warranty. Neither can the manufacturer. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for them to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket part. Not difficult either. I just won a legal battle from a few months ago against a plumbing company that fucked with us on repair. $$ :)

It's required by the FTC that the manufacturer prove the aftermarket item was itself defective, wasn't installed correctly, and/or thus caused the damage that they are denying warranty coverage on.

^^ The above is why Mazda couldn't do shit on my AEM CAI vs having to buy the Mazda Version which is 100% the same only 50% more in cost. The service writer also tried to say since they didn't do the install....blah, blah......again, not true nor legal.

Personally if faced with that, I'd seek counsel, have them send in a letter stating the repair will be paid for but that if they are found in violation of the law you will seek reimbursement for that repair, legal fees and seek to have the FTC conduct an investigation. It's serious business and not something a dealer is going to fuck with.

They can refuse to perform warranty work, but they can't actually "VOID" a warranty. Neither can the manufacturer. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for them to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket part. Not difficult either. I just won a legal battle from a few months ago against a plumbing company that fucked with us on repair. $$ :)

It's required by the FTC that the manufacturer prove the aftermarket item was itself defective, wasn't installed correctly, and/or thus caused the damage that they are denying warranty coverage on.

^^ The above is why Mazda couldn't do shit on my AEM CAI vs having to buy the Mazda Version which is 100% the same only 50% more in cost. The service writer also tried to say since they didn't do the install....blah, blah......again, not true nor legal.

Personally if faced with that, I'd seek counsel, have them send in a letter stating the repair will be paid for but that if they are found in violation of the law you will seek reimbursement for that repair, legal fees and seek to have the FTC conduct an investigation. It's serious business and not something a dealer is going to fuck with.

Very well put man!