Amazon Prime order...USPS delivery

zeitgeist57

My mind asplode...

On Friday NIGHT, I ordered two wireless lavalier mics and a sound mixer for CC&C...tired of holding the mic when doing interviews and not having it work correctly.

Was just outside (Sunday at 12noon) and a USPS Chevy Uplander van flies up my driveway while I'm mowing the lawn. Postal carrier gets out and hands me the Amazon box!!! On a SUNDAY???? Plus, it was a Prime shipment, so it was free! :eek:

Dude says that Amazon is partnering with the USPS for Sunday/Holiday deliveries. Did anyone else know about this??? The guy says they deliver early morning to late at night, even on holidays. He was dropping off packages on Memorial Day! I think this is a great use of infrastructure for Amazon, and keeps $$$ coming into the USPS...

free 2 day shipping on almost anything, as well as $3-4 upgrade to 1 day shipping on those items.

a tv/movie streaming service almost on par with Netflix

and music streaming that is just getting started.

all that for about $8 a month

free 2 day shipping on almost anything, as well as $3-4 upgrade to 1 day shipping on those items.

a tv/movie streaming service almost on par with Netflix

and music streaming that is just getting started.

all that for about $8 a month

Wasted probably close to an hour at work the day they launched their Prime Music last week just browsing and building a library. Some pretty solid stuff on there.

I don't have Prime but that's pretty cool.

The cool thing I figured out/realized night before last was that I could take all my gift card leftovers, ie; $4.71, $1.75, $.53, etc. And create individual e-gift cards that credit my Amazon account so I can still use every penny on a gift card.

I had enough of those to actually purchase myself a strut tower bar for the Vibe! (GT's came stock with them but mine was missing when purchased.)

• 5 months later...

Some other intadesting shipping things I've noticed:

- Downtown UPS deliveries are coming from the courier in a typical UPS brown uniform...driving a Budget box truck. Just now, I got a shipment from FedEx. Went to the door to thank the driver, he was driving a Budget box truck with a magnetic FedEx badge on the door.

-USPS deliveries at 7:30am when I'm taking my daughter to the bus stop.

-USPS deliveries at night (8ish PM) on a Sunday...

I'm happy to see this being a thing, because USPS needs the business, and great to see UPS/FedEx so busy that they need to rent additional equipment to keep up...just crazy seeing deliveries being made seemingly around the clock, all week long now...

just crazy seeing deliveries being made seemingly around the clock, all week long now...

Flash back ten years ago and and compare the amount of online shopping happening now vs then.

We did 99% of our shopping online this year.

Some other intadesting shipping things I've noticed:

- Downtown UPS deliveries are coming from the courier in a typical UPS brown uniform...driving a Budget box truck. Just now, I got a shipment from FedEx. Went to the door to thank the driver, he was driving a Budget box truck with a magnetic FedEx badge on the door.

-USPS deliveries at 7:30am when I'm taking my daughter to the bus stop.

-USPS deliveries at night (8ish PM) on a Sunday...

I'm happy to see this being a thing, because USPS needs the business, and great to see UPS/FedEx so busy that they need to rent additional equipment to keep up...just crazy seeing deliveries being made seemingly around the clock, all week long now...

FedEx drivers are contractors and own/operator their own trucks.

UPS is all corporate.

So last weekend i set aside the entire weekend to go shopping for all of my gifts (8 neices and nephews to buy for plus the gf and some others), I would've had to waste an entire weekend driving from store to store TRYING to find something acceptable. Instead I spent an hour and a half on amazon and got everything done. I've been getting deliveries all week, still waiting on one that was delayed but they sent it next day air to make up for the delay and should arrive tomorrow, oh and I got a USPS package TODAY.

I was tempted to purchase Prime but this was the first time I have used amazon extensively. I can probably see myself using it more in the future though, so fucking easy to just order it all and get the package in the mail. Now all i have to do is wrap this junk.

So last weekend i set aside the entire weekend to go shopping for all of my gifts (8 neices and nephews to buy for plus the gf and some others), I would've had to waste an entire weekend driving from store to store TRYING to find something acceptable. Instead I spent an hour and a half on amazon and got everything done. I've been getting deliveries all week, still waiting on one that was delayed but they sent it next day air to make up for the delay and should arrive tomorrow, oh and I got a USPS package TODAY.

I was tempted to purchase Prime but this was the first time I have used amazon extensively. I can probably see myself using it more in the future though, so fucking easy to just order it all and get the package in the mail. Now all i have to do is wrap this junk.

All told, how much did you pay in shipping, and for how fast? Prime is $99 / year, and "free" 2 Day...

KillJoy

Prime kicks ass - used to be $79, I think we've had it for three years or so?

You can add other 'members' to your prime subscription (free) as well. Aside from the 2-day shipping, next day is $3.99. I like Subscribe and Save (send trashbags, dryer sheets every x amount of time). If you're not in a hurry to get something and select the lazy shipping option (which is still ilke 5 days) they'll give you a dollar credit for digital media.

Amazon Web Services is opening a hub in Central Ohio, they're hiring for Cloud-related engineers and salespersons. I'm not sure if that'll mean we pay sales-tax on Amazon items moving forward or not.

Amazon Web Services is opening a hub in Central Ohio, they're hiring for Cloud-related engineers and salespersons. I'm not sure if that'll mean we pay sales-tax on Amazon items moving forward or not.

:fuuuu:

That was the first thing I thought when I read the first sentence. I HOPE that is not the case.