Wife's New Car 2013 Veloster Turbo

thorne

So my wife has always pretty much just got my hand me downs in the past and never had the chance to get herself a new car, So after some discussions and testing it came down to a Turbo Beetle or a Turbo Veloster.

Normally I would not buy a new car but since we found a 2013 still sitting on the show room the dealer was quite motivated to move it. So now she's the proud owner of a Pearl White Turbo Veloster!

After she got home from her first real drive in it, I asked her if it was quick enough for her and she smiled and said. I was on West broad and ran into a civic with a fart pipe and I whooped his ass from a stop light :).

http://www.40roll.com/SHO/mandycar.jpg

It's a strange little car but holy shit if it don't have some pep and get GREAT gas milage.With me driving it I was seeing 32-36 on freeway and 20-25 in town.

Ive read a few magazine articles that called them out for being the slowest of the hot hatch segment. I also don't think the aftermarket is very large, but I've seen where Brian rented his dyno out for a Turbo Hyundai tuning day.

Ive read a few magazine articles that called them out for being the slowest of the hot hatch segment. I also don't think the aftermarket is very large, but I've seen where Brian rented his dyno out for a Turbo Hyundai tuning day.

currently the bolt on record is 270whp i believe.

• 5 weeks later...

I like how the Velosters look. And the 3 door thing is actually pretty cool the more I think about it.

I peeked at a Veloster forum and wasn't too impressed with what I saw. But then, the idea of a performance Hyundai isn't all that old.

Lots of room under the back end of it though. I think an Evo powertrain swap would be pretty cool.

I had one of the very first Veloster's to come out in early 2012. It was an automatic (no idea why I did that) and slower than fuck, but I have driven a turbo'd one and they are a blast!

I loved the layout of the car, nice interior, cool 3 door and it being a hatch was definitely a plus. I'd rock the turbo version in a manual, but my N/a automatic was terrible. I traded it in after 33 days and lost my ass on it, but I couldn't take how slow it was.

Nice buy for 20k.

It's actually a blast to drive

The turbo Velosters are only FWD.

Ive read a few magazine articles that called them out for being the slowest of the hot hatch segment.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yFEP973GVP0/T6VSrc2-_UI/AAAAAAAABG0/Gmx3j8UrTAk/s320/llama-stare.gif

I also got the car for 20k