My new toy

blue98ls1

Its easy when you have a car that has 1 issue to fix it and move on.... But when you have a car with 10 issues, no time to fix it, that's another story. I want a car I can race now. Not miss 4 track days in a row because something else is broken. This one is damn near ready and I am excited for the upcoming track days now. :)

In defense of Tina's decision to sell her Firebird, the more we got into in, the more that was wrong or would go wrong. I didn't want to build a race car that be a pile of rust in five years.

I grew up riding around in or driving my Dad's '94 Cobra, which he still owns and I almost bought this weekend. However, he couldn't let it go at the last moment and we found this one. It's very clean and very well modded, so I pulled the trigger.

I also hope Tina stays true this time and keeps the damned car, it is pretty stressful car shopping for her once a year :p

Bill Dozzer and Brian Turner have been a great asset to have before and after the purchase, and I plan on Brian going through the tune once he gets back from vacation.

Dave, this is the "older" car I'd mentioned :D

The reason Anthony and I have had our f-bodies so long is that when there is an issue we work on it until its right, besides we both really like the car as a whole.

This is exactly why I've had my '86 GT for over 10 years, and my Cobra for over 8... :nod:

Quick update:

The car is finally fixed, just needs a tune now. The 94-95 Cobra had a proprietary ECU, and someone had stuck a Foxbody 86-93 ECU for an automatic tranny car in this thing. That explains the reason is couldn't see a MAP sensor and neutral safety switch and was throwing codes for it.

Found an OEM 50k ECU from a guy in Newark parting out a Cobra, everything is good. Now waiting on Brian Turner to come back from vacation and tune this since it has a larger calibrated MAF on it from the previous owner, but a stock computer.