2005 Honda Pilot TPMS

Gergwheel1647545492

School me on this system please!!

I have a sensor that is leaking air and i guess i need to replace all 4 sensors as they are all in bad shape, but just 1 is leaking air right now. Can i do this myself or do i need something special to sync the new sensors with the cars computer? I found 4 sensors on ebay for $75, Goodyear wants $90 per sensor installed which seems ridiculous!

If it is a oe style sensor nothing but maybe a tpms reset will need done. If it is a we will say EZ style then the sensor itself will need re programmed. Also if t is just leaking and not actually bad depending on what style the sensor is you can just get a cheap maybe $5 reseal kit for it

After doing some research i have found that this is the sensor i need. I guess you can just replace it and not even have to worry about touching the computer system at all? Does that sound right?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GZ1TFW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=8MNDYEOZWC08&coliid=I3TRNOMQ6WAUBR

After doing some research i have found that this is the sensor i need. I guess you can just replace it and not even have to worry about touching the computer system at all? Does that sound right?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GZ1TFW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=8MNDYEOZWC08&coliid=I3TRNOMQ6WAUBR

Wont need to program or do anything with that just install and go.

If they are just leaking air then all you need is a reseal kit. They are cheap and the sensor should be fine afterwards. Why spend $$ on replacements when they are working just fine. The issue you will have is you will need the tire broken down to get the inner seal of the sensor replaced. In order to do that you have to remove the old sensor, replace the gasket, install the sensor and air up the tire again. Any Tire place can do it and if they want your future business they may even do it for free. If you are close to Sunbury, I can even do it for you! :)

If they are just leaking air then all you need is a reseal kit. They are cheap and the sensor should be fine afterwards. Why spend $$ on replacements when they are working just fine. The issue you will have is you will need the tire broken down to get the inner seal of the sensor replaced. In order to do that you have to remove the old sensor, replace the gasket, install the sensor and air up the tire again. Any Tire place can do it and if they want your future business they may even do it for free. If you are close to Sunbury, I can even do it for you! :)

I'd take you up on that offer, but i can't find rebuild kits for my Honda. I have also heard that the batteries only last 7-9 years, and i have had this car for 5 years now, so its probably best to just replace them all.

Edit: Went to Schrader's website and found the kit i needed and ordered it for $8. Hope this fixes my problem temporarily.

Edited by Gergwheel