So, I get a linkedIn update today...

coltboostin

I would assume it's a 1099 at the end of the year. I'm sure they aren't doing it off the books.

I hate Lyft on principle due to the stupid mustaches.

I've heard really good things about Uber. We are flying down to Nashville next Friday, and driving back with my parents on Sunday. So we are debating to leave the car there and pick it up on the way back in, cab or Uber. I'm leaning towards giving Uber a try because fuck traditional cabs and it will be a bit of an inconvenience to go pick the car up on the way back.

The better question is; who gives a shit? I don't know this guy. So I give -1 shits, that's less than 0 shits in case you aren't good at math. Do you know this guy, personally?

I would assume it's a 1099 at the end of the year. I'm sure they aren't doing it off the books.

I hate Lyft on principle due to the stupid mustaches.

I've heard really good things about Uber. We are flying down to Nashville next Friday, and driving back with my parents on Sunday. So we are debating to leave the car there and pick it up on the way back in, cab or Uber. I'm leaning towards giving Uber a try because fuck traditional cabs and it will be a bit of an inconvenience to go pick the car up on the way back.

The better question is; who gives a shit? I don't know this guy. So I give -1 shits, that's less than 0 shits in case you aren't good at math. Do you know this guy, personally?

I workin banking. I am terrible at math. :)

He is on CR. Yes, I know him personally.

I think both services are awesome and both have saved me a lot of money over the past few weeks.

That being said, we were picked up in some guys new Acura MDX a few weeks ago, by far the nicest cab/uber/lyft vehicle I've ever been in so i had to ask, "has anyone thrown up in your backseat yet?" the answer was no.

I know he has been a Lyft nutswinger from the start (I get it, I like the concept) but is this really a job? Do you get a 1099 or a W2 at the end of the year?

Regardless of how it's tracked as a proper job, this is one of those positions that you don't need to put on LinkedIn. Goes right into the trash bin with such proud titles as:

Ferris Wheel Operator at St. Andrews Church Festival

Bundler and Oil Barrel Fire-Stoker at Santa's Christmas Tree Stop

I'd like to see the rest of his resume:

President/CEO at Uber - Grove City, OH

- Proactively hauled drunks from bars to their homes.

- Sexxxually assisted horny maidens at 3am.

- Maintained a 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier, manually combing pink mustache every weekend to promote brand awareness.

I just started driving for uber in my spare time last week.

They direct deposit every Thursday.

You will need to file for taxes 1040SE regardless. This will go under self employment income, subject to self employment taxes (social security and medicare)

You will get a 1099-K if you received over $20k in fares and given over 200 rides.