One less V?

caseyctsv

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully they have agreed to "relook" at the valuation and will give me credit for modifications I made.

Thank you to IPS for providing receipts in literally 5 minutes for over $2,600 in updates. (I had no idea I had that much invested :()

Thankfully they have agreed to "relook" at the valuation and will give me credit for modifications I made.

Thank you to IPS for providing receipts in literally 5 minutes for over $2,600 in updates. (I had no idea I had that much invested :()

Nice! Another $2,600 off the Hellcat. :p

• 2 weeks later...
I have a beat set of headlights if you need them Sam. I believe they are aftermarket. Bought them used from another V. They are just sitting in my office still in the box they were shipped to me in. Let me know if you need them.

IF you get it fixed, make sure you're compensated for diminished value.

This. I had a similar incident with my GTI, since it was towed, it shows as a major accident. The person at fault had Geico which was a fight all the way through the process and I didn't pursue diminished value hard enough. It ended up costing me somewhere in the $2-3K range when I went to get rid of the car.

Push hard for diminished value, it is not your fault that the car is now worth less.

The insured had Motorists Mutual. The experience overall was good, their first offer was low but after I tore up their valuation and provided better conparable cars for sale they made it right. I actually got more than I paid for the car 2 years ago. They offered the car to me for 10% of the settlement amount. Sam gave me a bit more for my trouble and is looking to put it back on the road.

As for me, I am considering my options for my next vehicle. It may be soon but I might wait until Spring.