One less V?

caseyctsv

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad sight to see! :(

If its totaled out (which it looks to be) I would be interested in knowing what insurance would want for it to buy it off them. I'd offer you some cash on top if you wouldn't want to hold onto it.

for example they may total the car and give you 30k

if you buy it back they'd give you 25k + the car.

& I would offer 5500 making you an extra 500 then the first insurance offer

PM me if you have any details, its going to wind up on an auction and probably go triple what you can get it for..

Jesus vulture.

WOW! Looks like everyone is okay though....and that's what counts.

$5 says she was just looking up a phone number :dumb: Not that it matters. I cringe every day seeing people looking at their phones while cruising 270 in traffic. Everyone does it at some point, but I'm just saying, it's usually younger girls I see doing it more. Perhaps because I'm not looking at dudes in cars though :gabe:

There's something to be said for Bluetooth and full hands free. I use mine all the time.

Jesus vulture.

It's sort of my line of work so I'm making him aware..

90% of the time its better to buy the car back from an insurance company and receive a lesser amount since you will most likely get the car for pocket change of its worth.

I'd hope it wouldn't be totaled but any bent metal starts looking sketchy to estimators. Just interested in seeing the outcome.

Had a kid that wasn't hers in the car too?!? :fuuuu:

It's sort of my line of work so I'm making him aware..

90% of the time its better to buy the car back from an insurance company and receive a lesser amount since you will most likely get the car for pocket change of its worth.

A buddy of mine just did this with his Saab SUV (6.2l version). Go the vehicle for dirty pennies from the insurance co., bought a new front clip, used it to replace his, kept his motor, sold the other one and had the vehicle painted like new. Kept the big fat check from the insurance co. and ended up putting it down on a new MBZ SUV.

Wow, what a sad sight :( Hopefully her insurance kills her wallet, and she isn't babysitting anyone else anytime soon. Texting and driving isn't worth it, that shit can wait, stinks this happened to you, and the V! Definitely strange the airbag didn't go off

A buddy of mine just did this with his Saab SUV (6.2l version). Go the vehicle for dirty pennies from the insurance co., bought a new front clip, used it to replace his, kept his motor, sold the other one and had the vehicle painted like new. Kept the big fat check from the insurance co. and ended up putting it down on a new MBZ SUV.

Right on! Similar situation happened to one of my buddies a couple weeks ago on his low mileage R1, actually a member on here also. Lady rear ended him and her hood went between the tail and rear tire and popped some of the fairings out but the bike never tipped over. The estimator looked i over and long story short he was offered an amount and I told him to ask what they'd give him if he wanted to keep the bike. He ended up making money off the check they wrote out and still has the bike (popped the plastic fairings back in position and fixed his rear plate & is currently driving it) No way of even telling it was ever in an accident but will be issued a rebuilt salvage title once a police inspection is passed.

Damn dude! Glad to see you're OK, but I hope they throw the book at her. People like this need examples made of them as a warning to others. So sorry about the car though. If that happened to any of my cars, I'd be crushed... :(

Sorry to see this happen to you, but this is also why I will never let my kid ride his bike in my neighborhood (in the street when he is older). People are so distracted behind the wheel today, and they don't give a shit for anyone else.

Doesn't appear that it will total. Esp, since your air bags did not deploy. Yes, Deff take to a really good repair facility. I took mine to Achbach when some ass bag smacked it in a parking lot at a bar... ( I did the right thing that night, and left it, and I still got FUCT..) They did an awesome job!!!!

Doesn't appear that it will total. Esp, since your air bags did not deploy. Yes, Deff take to a really good repair facility. I took mine to Achbach when some ass bag smacked it in a parking lot at a bar... ( I did the right thing that night, and left it, and I still got FUCT..) They did an awesome job!!!!

I have my car at Achbach now. I'm a repeat customer because they do great work.

Sorry to see the accident but as long as everybody is ok is most important. Even if she was doing something that dumb. Stuff can be replaced. Sucks though and is a PITA.