Childcare Needed ASAP

TurboRust

Wife and I are in need of full time childcare (M-TH) for our two girls, ages 4 and almost 2. Our sitter informed us that she is returning to a previous job beginning September 2nd. We live in Baltimore/Pickerington, so it needs to be in that area as it is also close to both our jobs.

We are struggling to find someone. We cannot afford a daycare that charges ridiculous amounts of money per kid. I don't care about my kid learning sign language and Spanish in daycare.

If you know of someone, please message me.

Thanks!

So- if you guys Facebook- serious suggestion here- check out Facebook groups in your neighbhood- tons of stay at home moms doing this as side money- as well as mom referrals. I know Hilliards Facebook groups get this request weekly with lots of responses. Picketing to. Has a pretty active group as well.

• 1 month later...

If you have this need in the future try nannysforhire.com.

My ex is a nanny and has used that site when seeking qualified employers in the past. A real college certified nanny makes a huge difference in the future development of your child. There really is a nanny college near cleveland.

Derrick, are you guys happy with using a baby sitter over daycare? Is the price THAT much better? Charlotte will be starting Goddard school in December at 5-6 months old, but $1,100/month hurts.

Holy shit, $1,100 a month?!

Good luck man, that's a crap load of money.

Holy shit, $1,100 a month?!

Good luck man, that's a crap load of money.

I'll gladly look at other suggestions, but we visited a lot of daycares, and I wouldn't leave my child in many of them. Personal preference, but we aren't from Columbus originally, so most of our available friends/family network is out of town.

Yeah costs are absolutely astronomical. I am moderately lucky enough to be able to work from home and watch our 4 month old daughter. Luckily she sleeps a good bit still and I can get some work done. Probably have to pony up for some sort of care eventually.

I agree on the Facebook suggestion. Our area seems to have a ton of groups and Facebook based 'forums' that have already offered a lot of options.

As crazy as 1100 sounds think of it as $250 a week also that is for an infant class it seems I would hope/assume their are price breaks when they are a bit older. Which, from all the looking we did you can't get anywhere decent for less then $180 a week. Many of the downtown schools and what not are all in that $250ish range. One of our big factors as well was small infant class size.

• 5 weeks later...
Derrick, are you guys happy with using a baby sitter over daycare? Is the price THAT much better? Charlotte will be starting Goddard school in December at 5-6 months old, but $1,100/month hurts.

Shaun....just saw this (sorry). Our answer is 100% yes. We pay $220/week most weeks and that includes food. Our girls are 2 and 4. We supply diapers and wipes, but the sitter does the rest. She is awesome. Our 2-year old went from hardly talking with the last sitter who has about 6 kids, to talking a ton because she gets more one-on-one. That and she's forced to play with her sister, which is a bonus or else they fight. We had the same sitter for 4 years and she was great, but quit unexpectedly. Generally it is $40/day for one kid or $60/day for two. We negotiated with ours to $50/day on the days our oldest has preschool in the morning. None of our sitters have ever claimed their income, so we can't claim it as childcare expenses, so that is a downfall...but some sitters do. Sittercity.com, care.com and CraigsList's Childcare forum all have a ton of listings.

So- if you guys Facebook- serious suggestion here- check out Facebook groups in your neighbhood- tons of stay at home moms doing this as side money- as well as mom referrals. I know Hilliards Facebook groups get this request weekly with lots of responses. Picketing to. Has a pretty active group as well.

^^^

:thumbup:

KillJoy