College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Props to Josh for calling the upset of Bama.

Oklahoma goes down, so did Wisconsin. There is going to be mass shakeup in the polls.

Miss State and Ole Miss - both in top 10? Wonder if that has ever happened in history of the polls...

If OSU can get to 15 I'd be happy.

First time in the history of the AP poll that 5 of the top 8 lost in the same week. Pretty awesome day of football. I watched games from noon until about an hour ago when Washington State-Cal ended with some awful clock management and a missed 20-something yard FG that would have won the game for Wazzu. But hey, their QB set a new FBS record for passing yards in a game with 734. So that was cool too.

I said a while ago that I don't think anyone goes undefeated nd the playoffs will be under fire. Someone's gonna be left out and people will be crying worse than when the bcs was here haha. 11 of the top 20 teams lost yesterday, OSU should be #9 if the polls were fair, OSU loses and dropped 18 spots, everyone else loses and they move down just far enough to remain in the top 15.

I still say if Osu wins out they will be in, the money they bring will be on their side. Next week's flgames looks to be just as exciting. I bet OSU moves up to 15 at best and 3 new SEC teams enter the polls

Auburn vs Miss State

Ole Miss vs TAMU

UGA vs Missouri

Oregon vs UCLA

TCU vs Baylor

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Coaches poll out, what a joke haha. OSU at #15 (about where I thought they would be)

5 SEC teams in the top 10 including UGA who lost to a terrible S. Carolina team. Oregon still ahead of an undefeated team in which they just lost to. Teams 7-11 are where I have the biggest issue, TCU is ranked behind Oklahoma, who they just beat, not real sure how that works haha.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3154&t=13223386

So Miss State vaults up 8 spots and Texas AM drops 7. I've never understood when that happens: is it that both teams were really good (hence why the winner jumps so high) or that the loser is really bad (hence why the winner drops so much)? It's like having the cake and eating it too.

The SEC has a great gig right now. I know, we here have been saying it for a few years now, but the system is such that they keep teams in the mix continuously with their bias. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous.

The SEC west is by far the most stout division in college football. Osu playing a bunch of practice exhibition games doesn't compare sec west.

Based on... hype and rankings.

Alabama was seen as good because they're Alabama. Auburn I think is actually good. LSU looked like garbage for 2 1/2 quarters against a QB-less Wisconsin team (who just lost to Northwestern). A&M's claim to fame was clobbering a severely overrated South Carolina team. Ole Miss and MSU's "quality" wins are now against that mediocre Alabama team and the A&M team who vaulted up near the top 5 thanks to the now worthless South Carolina win. And then Arkansas still hasn't won a single SEC game under Bielema.

The B1G is still hurting from OSU's issues, PSU's issues and Michigan's incompetence so I won't argue that it's on par with the SEC or SEC West but saying the SEC West is "by far" better and OSU is playing practice/exhibition games by comparison is just parroting the media bias.

I said a while ago that I don't think anyone goes undefeated nd the playoffs will be under fire.

Pffft... like 2 weeks ago you were asking me where I thought FSU's loss would come since I didn't think they'd go undefeated and you did. :gabe:

Alabama was seen as good because they're Alabama. Auburn I think is actually good. LSU looked like garbage for 2 1/2 quarters against a QB-less Wisconsin team (who just lost to Northwestern). A&M's claim to fame was clobbering a severely overrated South Carolina team. Ole Miss and MSU's "quality" wins are now against that mediocre Alabama team and the A&M team who vaulted up near the top 5 thanks to the now worthless South Carolina win. And then Arkansas still hasn't won a single SEC game under Bielema.

This x1000.

Auburn vs Miss State

Ole Miss vs TAMU

UGA vs Missouri

Oregon vs UCLA

TCU vs Baylor

Let's throw in a few others:

Texas vs Oklahoma -- I don't care how good Oklahoma is or how bad Texas is, Oklahoma always fucks this game up.

USC vs Arizona

Duke vs Georgia Tech - GT needs more respect. In a year like this, being undefeated is still admirable.

And lastly, OSU drops to 18 after not losing this upcoming Saturday. Bank it. :gabe:

Interesting week ahead, time to see if these Cinderellas are legit.