College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just about to post that, I wonder what violation he broke. That puts a damper on UGA's chances of winning out in my opinion. From an OSU perspective, that's a good thing haha

Edit, just read that it's rumored to be money for autographs, just go the Johnny Manziel route and you're good. Hell you'll win the Heisman haha

What an idiot.

I'm curious to see if they follow the Manziel precedence or the OSU precedence. My guess, becauseSECPN, Manziel.

If they feel UGA has a real shot to be the 2nd SEC team in they'll follow the Cam Newton precedence - A family member knew and/or received money but Gurley "didn't know about it"

So an autograph dealer who deals specifically with autographs from current NCAA players did an AMA on reddit 6 months ago and mentioned that a probable Heisman candidate for the upcoming season was doing it. 12 days ago he posted again on reddit and said he thought that the player was having a big season, definite Heisman candidate and that he had heard that another dealer spilled the beans.

Fast forward to yesterday and Gurley is suspended indefinitely and the guy's reddit account has been deleted.

If a dealer who bought autographs from Gurley did talk as this guy says then it'll be at least the same 4-5 games AJ Green and the OSU players got.

Here's the guy's post from 12 days ago...

I did an AMA here and I mentioned that there was a high profile player that was a potential Heisman candidate that was going overboard with getting paid. The mods asked me not to mention any names so I kept their name private. They are definitely a Heisman candidate this year, 100%.

I said in there that I wouldn't be surprised if something comes out on them before they reach the NFL.

Something is going to come out on them. With the way ESPN tears down people for a story, they are going to do the same thing they did with Manziel. He is having a ridiculous season and I have heard from a few people that they have been contacted by writers at ESPN trying to get someone to leak any information. I am almost positive one of the guys did.

If they go with the story, it will be on the front page of ESPN. Guaranteed.

Edit: Also, as part of submitting an AMA on reddit you have to submit proof to the mods. One of the mods was PM'ed yesterday by someone inquiring about the AMA referenced and that's when he, the mod, realized that the dealer had deleted his account. But the mod did clue us in on what the proof was and it was actual video of the guy paying players in his car.

You guys ready for the end of Winston and FSU? Big story about to drop about the rape cover up

I saw this on ESPN, does not paint a pretty picture for how it was handled. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11674831/florida-state-defends-handling-jameis-winston-case

Can't be the end of FSU, systematic cover up of child rape for a decade only gets you 2ish years and some reduced scholarships. How bad can the NCAA silly slap bracelet on the wrist be? Besides fines of course. They do love money.

Winston is gone after this season regardless if he's suspended or not, FSU will go back to being mediocre like they have been most of the 2000's. I am just saying everyone is a year late to the party and this shit should've been handled last year when everyone knew he was guilty and that a cover up had occurred.

I'm a little conflicted on the lack of TCU movement. On one hand, they lost to a last minute FG on the road against an undefeated top 5 team. On the other, they gave up a 3 TD lead in the 4th quarter to receive that loss. But at least it means we're the same in both polls and I like symmetry.