College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Wisconsin and PSU fans saying they hate Ohio State... completely understandable. I too thought it was funny and it's the only time I've ever liked the Buckeye Guy or whatever that jackass' name is. Just laughing at them. Love it.

Kid who ran out on the field lost his scholarship. Had a scholarship that is provided to former golf caddies... WTF?

I think that's dumb. Major college programs make exceptions for college athletes that partake in illegal activity, and they retain their scholarships...:dumb:

I think that's dumb. Major college programs make exceptions for college athletes that partake in illegal activity, and they retain their scholarships...:dumb:

It's my understanding the scholarship isn't provided through the University. Someone feel free to correct me if that's not the case. He also isn't making the University any money.

It's my understanding the scholarship isn't provided through the University. Someone feel free to correct me if that's not the case. He also isn't making the University any money.

It's a very prestigious private scholarship.

The media bias doesn't exist they say...Or maybe this could be taken as a joke that everyone hates Ohio State and we know it. Idk, either way I found it odd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVu7aICijjc&app=desktop

I thought this was a clever, fairly accurate commercial. It's a sign of respect to Ohio State, not a diss, as I interpret it.

It's a very prestigious private scholarship.

I don't feel bad for him then. Sometimes bad choices are costly.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c4/c4648683949fc98734c747a6461af98af8bfa69ba8c4fd05252260f56c550287.jpg

The media bias doesn't exist they say...Or maybe this could be taken as a joke that everyone hates Ohio State and we know it. Idk, either way I found it odd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVu7aICijjc&app=desktop

I like it. I enjoy being hated. Nobody hates Purdue...they hate us because we're great. Its deff a compliment in my eyes

This just in:

Oregon drops to #5 and Arizona catapults from unranked to #9.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

They're not the SEC.

My friend and I were watching the game last night and instantly thought of how Mississippi State went from unranked to #14 after winning @ #8 LSU.

Unranked Arizona wins @ #2 Oregon... if they don't climb to at least #14 then the SEC bias in the rankings has some of its most concrete evidence yet.

They're not the SEC.

My friend and I were watching the game last night and instantly thought of how Mississippi State went from unranked to #14 after winning @ #8 LSU.

Unranked Arizona wins @ #2 Oregon... if they don't climb to at least #14 then the SEC bias in the rankings has some of its most concrete evidence yet.

I see Oregon dropping to around 8th or 9th, just ahead of Michigan State. Arizona SHOULD jump to top 15. Consider all of the top 20 matchups this week that could influence the rankings.

Alabama @ Ole Miss = Bama most likely takes care of business, Ole Miss drops out of top 15 (at least)

LSU @ Auburn = LSU loses, drops out of top 20. Auburn loses, should drop to between 12-15.

Stanford @ Notre Dame = Stanford win will jump them into the top 10 and Notre Dame out of top 15. Notre Dame win could put them in the top 5 with enough things going their way.

Nebraska @ Michigan State = Michigan State win SHOULD put them in the top 8 EASY. With a loss, they could fall out of the top 20. Nebraska wins and jumps into top 15.

Texas A&M @ Mississippi State = A&M win, puts them into top 5. With a loss they drop out of top 10 and Mississippi state jumps into top 10 with a win and out of top 20 with a loss.

Tons of opportunities this weekend. If Ohio State can handle business easily, maybe some parody across the nation this weekend could help them out.

I was listening to 97.1 yesterday (I believe) and they were talking about the best case scenario for the Nebraska/Michigan state game.

Better for Mich State to take care of business and beat them with 1 loss and in the top 10? Or Nebraska win and hope they take care of business in Madison as well and we play them in the B1G championship at 12-0 and in the top 5?

I say we need Michigan State to win, because with a Michigan State win, we can beat them with 1 loss in the top 10. Then even if Nebraska doesn't take care of business in Madison, we still could play an 11-1 Wisconsin team in the B1G championship game that will also be a top 10 matchup.

I really do think that we have a shot still...it's an outside shot, and we will have to continue improving and handling business, but I feel like it would be difficult to hold us out if we finished 12-1 with 2 top 10 wins, and our only loss coming in week 2 with a freshmen QB.

What do you guys think?

Not to toot my own horn but in an earlier post I stated Oregon would pull an Oregon and lose to an unranked team at some point. They do this every year and yet every year the media and fans seem to think this year is the one haha. I honestly feel there will only be 1 undefeated team at the end of the year at best. At some point I even think FSU will slip up and drop a game, they should have lost 2 already this year.

Not to toot my own horn but in an earlier post I stated Oregon would pull an Oregon and lose to an unranked team at some point. They do this every year and yet every year the media and fans seem to think this year is the one haha. I honestly feel there will only be 1 undefeated team at the end of the year at best. At some point I even think FSU will slip up and drop a game, they should have lost 2 already this year.

You called what has happened to them the last 4 seasons. Lol...good call, but they do this shit every year. You can count on Oregon for at least one stupid ass loss almost every season. Maybe not to an unranked, but to an opponent they should beat/they give the game away.