College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to toot my own horn but in an earlier post I stated Oregon would pull an Oregon and lose to an unranked team at some point. They do this every year and yet every year the media and fans seem to think this year is the one haha. I honestly feel there will only be 1 undefeated team at the end of the year at best. At some point I even think FSU will slip up and drop a game, they should have lost 2 already this year.

Doesn't FSU play ND last this year ? No way they get through ND.

So you believe Michigan State, Wisconsin and Ohio State all have no shot?

You're kidding me right? A one-loss B1G team will not get into the tournament this year, unless EVERYONE ELSE has 2, and even then, it'd be iffy.

That said, I believe MSU will win, but I'm hoping for the conference's sake that they don't.

Hahaha, if only picking the lottery numbers were as easy as predicting an Oregon loss.

My picks this week are:

#6 TAMU vs #12 Miss St

#20 OSU vs Maryland

#3 Alabama vs #11 Ole Miss (upset special)

#4 Oklahoma vs #25 TCU

#14 Stanford vs #9 Notre Dame

#15 LSU vs #5 Auburn

#19 Nebraska vs #10 Michigan St

My upset picks:

Texas over #7 Baylor

Wake Forest over #1 FSU (One can dream right haha)

Should be a lot of shake up in not only the meaningless polls but the playoff picture.

Doesn't FSU play ND last this year ? No way they get through ND.

Yeah they play them, I said a while ago that I expect there to be a whole lot of 1 loss teams fighting over 4 playoff spots. People will be crying about how the BCS was a better system haha. The homer in me is going to show with this next statement but oh well. If there is a bunch of 1 loss teams and OSU is one of them, I really believe they will get in. The amount of money that OSU would bring to the playoffs would make it worth the committees time to choose them. Not to mention if they beat a top 10 team (Michigan St) that will look good on the resume. The old way of thinking was, it's better to lose early than to lose late in the year, right?

You're kidding me right? A one-loss B1G team will not get into the tournament this year, unless EVERYONE ELSE has 2, and even then, it'd be iffy.

That said, I believe MSU will win, but I'm hoping for the conference's sake that they don't.

a 1 loss MSU gets in if the other teams in the conference hold up their end of the bargain.

MSU has to defeat a 1 loss (at the time) OSU

Nebraska can only suffer 2 losses, MSU This weekend, then MSU again in the title game.

If all those things happen, MSU gets a playoff spot unless there are 4 unbeaten P5 champs.

This just in:

Oregon drops to #5 and Arizona catapults from unranked to #9.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Arizona should jump into the 15-20 range. They play USC next week, then 3 weeks from now play UCLA. if they win all those games, they should be top 5.

Arizona should jump into the 15-20 range.

Are you saying they should as in that's what's going to happen or they should as in that's what they deserve?

Based on the precedent already set this season (unranked Mississippi State jumping to #14 after beating #8 LSU) they deserve to be at least 14th.

I wouldn't be surprised if they barely make it into the top 20 though since they're not SEC.

Are you saying they should as in that's what's going to happen or they should as in that's what they deserve?

Based on the precedent already set this season (unranked Mississippi State jumping to #14 after beating #8 LSU) they deserve to be at least 14th.

I wouldn't be surprised if they barely make it into the top 20 though since they're not SEC.

I dont think a team in the 6th week of the season should jump from unranked to top 15 based on 1 win. They havent been ranked thus far, so there is obviously a reason for that.

I dont think a team in the 6th week of the season should jump from unranked to top 15 based on 1 win. They havent been ranked thus far, so there is obviously a reason for that.

Yeah, pollsters are fucking stupid. They're still undefeated, and that list is mighty slim at this point. The SEC bias is real. The only way they can redeem themselves is by giving Arizona the same respect they gave Mississippi State, and I'll eat my hat if that ends up being the case. I'd argue an Oregon win more impressive than an LSU win ANY day, almost ANY year in the past decade too.

...And it's only week 6.

Yeah, pollsters are fucking stupid. They're still undefeated, and that list is mighty slim at this point. The SEC bias is real. The only way they can redeem themselves is by giving Arizona the same respect they gave Mississippi State, and I'll eat my hat if that ends up being the case. I'd argue an Oregon win more impressive than an LSU win ANY day, almost ANY year in the past decade too.

...And it's only week 6.

They won't and they'll justify on the UTSA game. I don't expect Arizona to be higher than #17. The bias is just too strong

This must be your first year watching college football if you truly believe that.

Maybe TAMU wasn't as good as their ranking showed. They nearly lost to Arkansas last week..

That's what I'm thinking. What have they done this year? They dismantled an overrated South Carolina that lost their starting RB during the game, played 3 absolutely atrocious teams (basically 3 bye weeks) then needed to come back down 2 TD's and win in OT to prevent Bielema from winning his first ever SEC game.

Mississippi State may be a real good team but I'm still not completely sold.