College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

A moment of silence for Braxton Miller's shoulder...

And we're off.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I'm saddened to hear that he's injured. They can get another year of eligibility for him, correct?

He never redshirted so it will just be a regular redshirt. He told teammates that was his plan last night and more people are reporting that he's leaning that way now that missing the season is confirmed.

On the bright side, he won't throw a game-ending interception to a Clemson defender this year.

He already did that this year. :lolguy:

Assuming he follows through with his word and comes back, this is probably the best thing to happen to our 2015 season. So much young talent everywhere else, we'll wreck next year after these guys have gotten some playing time together, and the new defensive schemes are put to work.

OTOH, I'm actually really excited to see what JT can do!

Assuming he follows through with his word and comes back, this is probably the best thing to happen to our 2015 season. So much young talent everywhere else, we'll wreck next year after these guys have gotten some playing time together, and the new defensive schemes are put to work.

OTOH, I'm actually really excited to see what JT can do!

I'm a huge OSU fan and I'll defend a player who I think is being wrongly criticized as I did in the v4.0 thread but I'm also a guy who likes "interesting." This season just got a lot more "interesting."

Also, on the topic of 2015... think about this. If this injury doesn't happen JT Barrett is likely starting his first ever college football game in Lane Stadium against Virginia Tech to open next season. Navy in Baltimore isn't going to be a cakewalk but a night game to open the season on the road against a solid program in VT... that's a tough one.

I heard JT Barrett idolizes Johnny Manziel and frequently throws up the 'money' sign.

Not. For real though, it sucks to see Braxton out for the season so close, but with a team like OSU we have to have the 'next man up' mentality. Can't say we have to replace him, but we should be able to come close.

Our starting QB's highlight video from his junior year. He tore his ACL his senior year (another pussy QB for OSU - what's new? :gabe:) so there's not a ton from that year...

Braxton's the only brittle QB I can recall from Ohio State's history? Please advise on who else might fit the criteria.

They will be ok it's a team sport. I never thought he was all that anyway. I am not a.buckeye fan I fucking hate them. I am and have . always been a Michigan fan. Let the hate begin:)

*yawn* Michigan State and Wisconsin are bigger rivals than you.

The big 10 has been hurting for a couple of years in my opinion. I'm a big ten fan hope the new teams coming in will.help but I don't think so

Maryland has a decent chance of doing something useful. I liked Edsall at UConn and he's done a good job keeping some elite DMV kids home (Diggs, Prince). Under Armor's CEO and founder is a Maryland grad who very much wants Maryland to become the Oregon of the east.

The big 10 has been hurting for a couple of years in my opinion. I'm a big ten fan hope the new teams coming in will.help but I don't think so

only in east coast viewership. I doubt either Rutgers or Maryland makes a bowl game this year.

Riddle me this.

Barrett comes out and does really good. Does he continue his development for year 2 as a starter? Or does Urban bring Braxton back to the front?

Serious question. I don't know what kind of coach he is in this respect.

Riddle me this.

Barrett comes out and does really good. Does he continue his development for year 2 as a starter? Or does Urban bring Braxton back to the front?

Serious question. I don't know what kind of coach he is in this respect.

The kind that would use them both.

And LOL at Braxton being "brittle" or "injury prone". The guy throws like a QB and lowers his shoulder on runs like an RB. Def took more of a beating than most QBs in the last couple of years.

They will be ok it's a team sport. I never thought he was all that anyway. I am not a.buckeye fan I fucking hate them. I am and have . always been a Michigan fan. Let the hate begin:)

I think urban plays Braxton if he can go. Look how good kg.did while he was hurt and soon as he was.able.kg sit the bench

We.can.tell.you're.a.TTUN.fan.No.need.to.state.it. :lolguy:

The kind that would use them both.

And LOL at Braxton being "brittle" or "injury prone". The guy throws like a QB and lowers his shoulder on runs like an RB. Def took more of a beating than most QBs in the last couple of years.

Wait are you trying to say he isn't injury prone? Please expatiate; I'll hang up and listen.

only in east coast viewership. I doubt either Rutgers or Maryland makes a bowl game this year.

Maryland went to a bowl game last year and should be better this year. They didn't get any favors from their first year of B1G scheduling though with their crossover games being Wisconsin and Iowa, two of the main contenders for the West.

Wait are you trying to say he isn't injury prone? Please expatiate; I'll hang up and listen.

Quote from CFB thread v4.0

Troy Smith (Heisman year):

Comp - 203

Att - 311

Pct - 65.3

Yrds - 2542

Y/A - 8.2

TD - 30

Int - 6

QBR - 161.9

Rushing:

Att - 72

Yards - 204

Avg - 2.8

TD - 1

Braxton Miller (2013):

Comp - 162

Att - 255

Pct - 63.5

Yrds - 2094

Y/A - 8.2

TD - 24

Int - 7

QBR - 158.1

Rushing:

Att - 171

Yards - 1068

Avg - 6.2

TD - 12

Almost 100 rushing attempts more than Troy and MANY more yards. He's taking a heck of a bigger beating than most, as I stated. Of course he's been through the ringer. More hits = more wear and tear. What else would be expected? I don't call him "injury prone" for that. YMMV.

Pryor rushed 162 times his sophmore year, how many games did he miss due to injury? 135 his jr year, again how many games gone due to injury?

I am excited to see what JT can do, I honestly think this will make the team better as they will not be able to rely on Braxtons legs to win them games. I feel the running backs are really gonna have to step it up and there is no shortage of talent there.

I'm fine with saying he's injury prone but it's not because he's fragile. It's his playing style. Like Urban pointed out, he's a guy who goes so hard that it's almost bad for him. But when he's tentative (ie. the first half vs. Northwestern last season) he's not himself. He seems like a guy who kinda needs to get roughed up a bit before he really turns it on. Like the game vs. Nebraska in 2012. He busted a big run, got hit and had to come out for a bit then when he went back in the game was over.

Also, here are Barrett's highlights from the spring game...

I know the staff was working on more over the middle/crossing route type stuff (last couple years it's either been Hyde running, Braxton running, screens or deep balls) and you can see it in that video. Barrett is not afraid to put the ball in the middle of the field.

And he can dunk too...

This will be Urbans most challenging year as a head coach in my opinion

Gone is his starting qb, 4 new offensive lineman, new running back, 1 new WR and a mess of a defense from last year.

IF only this were true haahha

"Mark Titus @clubtrillion

Follow

JT Barrett rips BNB gimmick: "You think we suck bc Braxton's out? I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS." Drops mic, OSU fan erections restored."

BNB is Bad News Barrett for those not familiar with WWE and "i'm afraid i've got some bad news" is his catch phrase