Stock Bottom End LS1

DTM Brian

Details man, details!

You post this on Ls1 tech? This would be #3 the Overall Ls1/Ls6 stock block record list.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1697708-list-fastest-highest-hp-stock-lsx-s.html

At least on mobile that list is a bit confusing. Seems like the fastest xxxx list with xxxx in a xxx car under xxxx weight. We need a highest hp list etc for cr like we so top fastest

I'm guilty of talking him out of turning the boost knob up some more. Very impressive numbers, but I think thats really pushing it, at least if you want it to last longer then the dyno.

Convo went somethign like this:

me-"Dude, you do have another car to drive right?"

dude-"oh yeah I got 2 other cars"

me-"okay but thats pushing it already, do you really want to tow it home?"

dude-"well it would be nice to still drive it for the rest of the year"

long pause

dude-"hey Brian, I'm done, lets get it down."

I'm guilty of talking him out of turning the boost knob up some more. Very impressive numbers, but I think thats really pushing it, at least if you want it to last longer then the dyno.

Convo went somethign like this:

me-"Dude, you do have another car to drive right?"

dude-"oh yeah I got 2 other cars"

me-"okay but thats pushing it already, do you really want to tow it home?"

dude-"well it would be nice to still drive it for the rest of the year"

long pause

dude-"hey Brian, I'm done, lets get it down."

http://www.atbreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/you-like-this.jpg

Same car that made 760 last year guys!

http://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1745257-stock-bottom-ls1-makes-800-hp-tq.html

Nothing special at all, its got a terrible boost cam, 317s, ls9 gaskets, headstuds, ls6 intake and an ebay intercooler. It doesnt have the lightest drivetrain either, T56 Magnum, 9in, and 28in drag radials on 17in wheels.

Its just got Brian's tune, thats why its making power.

Cordell, if you wouldnt have been there to get into my head while the car cooled down i wouldve kept going!! haha well and the GF looked like she was ready to kill me.. You guys were a HUGE help though, i cant thank you enough. already bought a truck alternator and bigger grounds.

BTW i did give it a couple 2-4 gear pulls on the way back to cleveland on monday. fucker screams.

See ya next year for more Brian! (even though i know you hate this car)

Same car that made 760 last year guys!

http://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1745257-stock-bottom-ls1-makes-800-hp-tq.html

Nothing special at all, its got a terrible boost cam, 317s, ls9 gaskets, headstuds, ls6 intake and an ebay intercooler. It doesnt have the lightest drivetrain either, T56 Magnum, 9in, and 28in drag radials on 17in wheels.

Its just got Brian's tune, thats why its making power.

Cordell, if you wouldnt have been there to get into my head while the car cooled down i wouldve kept going!! haha well and the GF looked like she was ready to kill me.. You guys were a HUGE help though, i cant thank you enough. already bought a truck alternator and bigger grounds.

BTW i did give it a couple 2-4 gear pulls on the way back to cleveland on monday. fucker screams.

See ya next year for more Brian! (even though i know you hate this car)

Well I made it clear that it was your choice, I just don't trust these stock bottom ends past 6-700 wheel, for reliability anyway. Impressive car, build a short block and then see if you can hit 900 before you take it apart.

Well I made it clear that it was your choice, I just don't trust these stock bottom ends past 6-700 wheel, for reliability anyway. Impressive car, build a short block and then see if you can hit 900 before you take it apart.

Remember gm tech at iirc almost 1200 on a stock 4.8 granted that was crank not wheel hp

Lol I know you did, I'm just kidding. Easier not to blame myself for chickening out.

This turbo is going to have a tough time hitting 850, no way it does over 900. The higher torque than hp is telling me the turbine is getting a lil small for what im trying to push it to. Its one of the reasons i found it pretty easy to call it quits for the day. I walked in wanting to take it to 22psi, no way another 2 lbs were going to get me above 850.

• Casper unlocked this topic