Anyone attend the gun show today?

jjjxlr8

Whats the show at the Franklin Co. fairgrounds like these days? Is it worth a 3 hour drive? I like WWI to WWII military firearms, primarily.

I went to my first gun show at that location MANY years ago and haven't been there in a long time.

Franklin County sucks. Waestland is slightly better but not much. If you like old stuff check out the civil war gun show at the Richland County fairgrounds (Mansfield) in May. They have stuff civil war era up to WWII. Plus there are always at least 3 tall guys dressed up as Abe Lincoln to gawk at.

"Not within 2 minutes, not worth it." - Steve.

:lol:

:lolguy:

Once upon a time, it was a place where epic deals and rare finds could be had. Then, all the trash started attending, surplus stock dried up, and folks started asking full potato pricing.

:thumbdown

KillJoy

I'm not sure there's a gun show anywhere in the country worth going to right now. People are still trying to get panic prices even though that's long gone, and the cool surplus stuff is pretty much gone now. You know that's over when AIM Surplus no longer carries surplus.

So I guess if you want some home made jerky and shitty chinese made knives, maybe some .22 at triple what its worth, then sure, head on over.

I'm not sure there's a gun show anywhere in the country worth going to right now. People are still trying to get panic prices even though that's long gone, and the cool surplus stuff is pretty much gone now. You know that's over when AIM Surplus no longer carries surplus.

So I guess if you want some home made jerky and shitty chinese made knives, maybe some .22 at triple what its worth, then sure, head on over.

The Knob Creek show is worth going to... :)

The gun show is worth the trip, especially if you like military stuff and are looking for hard to find parts/firearms/ammo.

The machineguns are nice for entertainment, too. The sound coming from the miniguns is pretty crazy and can be heard from anywhere on the property. Nothing quite like it. I had seen plenty of minigun videos, but they really don't do a good job of capturing what it's like in person. It's quite violent in the best way. :)

I've never shot machineguns down there but they do have rentals available if you have $$$$.

It's not quite that bad, but not cheap.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/c4/e6/90/knob-creek-gun-range.jpg

or....for something different...

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/flamethrower-rental.jpg