New car

Art

I picked up a 2011 WRX wagon today. 26k miles

Invidia q300 exhaust is the only mod. Nice and deep sound.

Love it. I'll get pics when I can. I'm at work now.

I've wanted one of these since they came out in '11.

Silver sport model. Bought from a dealer. Previous owner bought a STI.

Maybe this was someone's car in here?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/art95celica/Mobile%20Uploads/D68771D1-8057-4B6C-9C28-54A649AE8BDD.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/art95celica/Mobile%20Uploads/CD1CFBE6-6476-4576-87DF-769C8350ED6E.jpg

Just a couple crappy cell pictures.

Edited by Not Brian

When I bought the car it had a chip in the windshield. It is in my line of sight. If I'm 100 ft. Behind someone it would be at the position of their passenger taillight, on average. This was something that was supposed to be corrected. A company did come out today to fill it with resin. It looks no better, honestly without the risk of is cracking if rather they didn't "fix it". I contacted the company that filled it and the dealership. The dealership noted on my purchase order that the glass would be repaired. I told the salesman what was going on. He said that doesn't sound right and would see what he can do. Since it was attempted to get fixed by resin, and the result was unfavorable, am I out of line to request the windshield be replaced with a genuine subaru glass? It is a bit distracting. The car has 26k miles but it is out of the three yr 36k mile warranty by a week.

When I bought the car it had a chip in the windshield. It is in my line of sight. If I'm 100 ft. Behind someone it would be at the position of their passenger taillight, on average. This was something that was supposed to be corrected. A company did come out today to fill it with resin. It looks no better, honestly without the risk of is cracking if rather they didn't "fix it". I contacted the company that filled it and the dealership. The dealership noted on my purchase order that the glass would be repaired. I told the salesman what was going on. He said that doesn't sound right and would see what he can do. Since it was attempted to get fixed by resin, and the result was unfavorable, am I out of line to request the windshield be replaced with a genuine subaru glass? It is a bit distracting. The car has 26k miles but it is out of the three yr 36k mile warranty by a week.

Warranty's got nothing to do with it since it's not a defect, rather an issue caused by road hazard.

I would expect them to hold up their end of the bargain especially since it's on the PO, not just a verbal agreement (which is just as binding but harder to enforce).

They are saying it will be replaced with an "oem quality" replacement. I feel I didn't buy a subaru with 26k miles and a promise with the windshield being corrected, then having to settle with something. I feel I am owed the oem. Subaru has a great safety record and I don't want aftermarket junk on my car.

I told the salesman the aftermarket wasn't really an option, as it was promised to be fixed. He said he cannot help me.

SMH

They are saying it will be replaced with an "oem quality" replacement. I feel I didn't buy a subaru with 26k miles and a promise with the windshield being corrected, then having to settle with something. I feel I am owed the oem. Subaru has a great safety record and I don't want aftermarket junk on my car.

I told the salesman the aftermarket wasn't really an option, as it was promised to be fixed. He said he cannot help me.

SMH

This is not me scolding you. This is simply me providing the dealer's side of the argument.

In my experience with FIAT glass, the mfr's glass is identical to the aftermarket glass. In fact, the glass from the manufacturer from early production cars comes from Grove City, so it's only the difference of a friggin' FIAT logo that jacks the price up.

SMH

I talked to my guys that still work at the sawmill road Byers. The glass the will replace it with is the same as the OEM. So you should feel confident that its a good piece.

Good buy on the car Art! you'll have fun with it!

Update: glass was replaced with PGW glass. Looks fantastic. The molding split in the top corners, it was friggin' cold (40ish) when he installed it. The company will replace it free of charge to me. I've contacted Bryan at Slowmotion to tune the car. I cannot believe the Subaru love. Every WRX/STI waves. Reminds me of a Jeep Wrangler I used to drive. I'm excited to put many miles on Silvia (WRX's "name"). Patiently waiting for snow.

Silvia: goddess of the forest. We can head out to hocking hills sometime, I'll show you what I mean. ;)

Two guys, Art & Paul

Art invites Paul into hocking hills to show him what God of the Forest means

:zoom:

Nice car man. I have to look at my neighbors awesome blue STi Hatch daily and it makes me Jelly. I like the styling.